Benelli barrel help

Does anyone know this. I just bought a used benelli M2 20ga with a rifle deer barrel and looking for a bird barrel. I have heard from some people that you can buy a super 90 or a M1 bird barrel and it works just fine. But then I've heard from others you need to buy a forearm to make it work and some say it doesn't work at all. I contacted benelli but have had no response, probably because the world is shut down for the flu.

Can anybody help me?
thank you

come2elmo

WKR
Not quite the same but I heard the same stories about mine. I have an m1 sup90 and bought an m2 bird barrel and just had to dremel out the forearm some to make it fit as the barrel to magazine loop thing is heavier duty then the M1 version. Not sure why a M1 wouldn’t fit the larger forearm slot of an M2. Might be sloppy and loose though. M2 barrels are available but they aren’t cheap...400+ At midway or brownells if I recall. I sold the home defense barrel I had for 350 on eBay so it worked out pretty good.

hodgeman

WKR
Midwest Gun Works is good source for all things Benelli. Be prepared for sticker shock.

My wife bought me an 18" barrel for my M2 and it cost more than an entire 870.

OP
Fridaythe13th
Thank you for the help but I found a super 90 20ga bird barrel. But I dont know if it well fit on my M2.