Benelli super black eagle problems

I’ve owned my fair share of Benelli SBE 2’s, 3’s, and M2’s. They all started out great, but every one of them got the Benelli “click“. From ducks, turkeys, doves, quail, etc… I hunted it with my Benellis. I sent them in for warranty service, cleaned them, replaced springs with Wolff high power ones - you name it. And at the worst times, you’d get the “click”. Super frustrating. I know that you let the bolt slam home and don’t ride it, because it will cause the bolt not to fully rotate and close in the chamber. But somehow, the bolt would get hit or bumped and cause it to come out of battery frequently - and it looked like the bolt was closed and rotated, but it wasn’t. Even the SBE 3 that was supposed to be designed to eliminate it still does it.

The last and final Benelli I’ll ever buy was an M2 with a 21“ barrel. I hunted turkeys with it for a couple of seasons. During that time, I had 3 “clicks” on decoyed gobblers. Last year, I had a super nice gobbler come in within 10 yards. When he got out to around 15-20 yards, I pulled the trigger. “Click”. That was the 3rd and final time.

I sold that M2 and an SBE 3 within a week of each other. I thought I just had really bad luck, but that’s too much of a coincidence and I’m done with Benelli. I know that a lot of guys have great luck with them. But me - it’s like a lighter and gasoline.

I’ve owned my fair share of Benelli SBE 2’s, 3’s, and M2’s. They all started out great, but every one of them got the Benelli “click“. From ducks, turkeys, doves, quail, etc… I hunted it with my Benellis. I sent them in for warranty service, cleaned them, replaced springs with Wolff high power ones - you name it. And at the worst times, you’d get the “click”. Super frustrating. I know that you let the bolt slam home and don’t ride it, because it will cause the bolt not to fully rotate and close in the chamber. But somehow, the bolt would get hit or bumped and cause it to come out of battery frequently - and it looked like the bolt was closed and rotated, but it wasn’t. Even the SBE 3 that was supposed to be designed to eliminate it still does it.

The last and final Benelli I’ll ever buy was an M2 with a 21“ barrel. I hunted turkeys with it for a couple of seasons. During that time, I had 3 “clicks” on decoyed gobblers. Last year, I had a super nice gobbler come in within 10 yards. When he got out to around 15-20 yards, I pulled the trigger. “Click”. That was the 3rd and final time.

I sold that M2 and an SBE 3 within a week of each other. I thought I just had really bad luck, but that’s too much of a coincidence and I’m done with Benelli. I know that a lot of guys have great luck with them. But me - it’s like a lighter and gasoline.
Crazy. I’ve had plenty of problems in 9 years with 2 benellis but other than a few rare occasions the dreaded click hasn’t been a big issue for me.

I did borrow someone else’s spare m2 on a Goose hunt recently after my gold gave out and it clicked 3 times in a box and a half.

Chuckybmd

WKR
No problems with my sbe3 after two waterfowl seasons. Probably around 500 rounds of either 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2 inch rounds (handles anything).

I do take really good care of it and clean it every couple of outings and perform a full breakdown once a year.

Bought a Benelli M2 12 ga few years ago. Love how it handles but it shoots like sh_t! Waste of money and over-rated. I'll stick with my Remington and Browning shotguns from here on.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
I've had my SBE2 since 2009. It has never jammed, not 1 time with hunting ammo. However, it jams just about every shot with very light target loads. I understand why this would tick people off. It's strictly a hunting gun for me so its never bothered me.

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
I “missed” the biggest Turkey of my life bc my buddies SBE bolt wasn’t fully seating so click no bang! Even racked a second round and had a chance but same result. My cheap nova has always performed tho…