Bergara wilderness ridge 300wm Vs tikka lite 300wm

As stated I'm stuck between the to rifles for the mountains. I prefer the weight of the bergara for a steady shot when winded but the tikka is lighter probably making me less winded but it's still mountain hunting. Any input would be apreaciated.

BHanson

FNG
I have the Bergara B14 in 300WM and it’s a great rifle with tons of aftermarket accessories available. Mine is in an AG composite stock with a Leupold VX6 4-24 and without bipod weighs 9.5lbs. I have a tikka in 6.5CM which is also a sweet rig. The downfall to the long action tikka is stock options and overall cartridge length possibility. Other than that they hammers.D038B8BB-1D54-4490-A957-BE7A5B69B3AE.jpeg

I can’t vouch for the tikka, but I have a B-14 wilderness hunter in .300WM and couldn’t ask for much more aside from lighter weight. It’s a friggin tack driver shooting factory Federal Terminal Ascent 200gr rounds. Amazing on targets out to 800 yards is as far as I’ve shot it. Topped it with a leupold vx5 3-15.
0ab7803b74f6bcdcd17976fb83574c49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both exact rifles - read up on my issues with the Bergara. The factory stock feels nicer, but it's a heavy beast. I also hate the two position safeties on the Bergaras - on my 6.5CM HMR the bolt opened up while hiking through brush. The Tikka safety locks the bolt closed, and it's roughtly 10k lbs lighter.

Without a brake, the Tikka definitely kicks harder, but install a brake/suppressor and you won't feel the difference in the moment. You will feel the difference hiking around. I'll probably end up putting the Tikka in an aftermarket chassis, so that negates the cheap stock feel.

My takeaway comparing both rifles now is that I value light weight and the 3 position safety (as long as they both shoot, which seems to be a crap shoot with Bergara and they're not much help).

Woozy

FNG
I had a wilderness Ridge 300 for a while it felt like a boat anchor but shot bug holes.