Berger 215

Flyjunky

WKR
I've been looking for the 215's since March and even though I'm looking on 14 different sites at least 3 times a day I haven't been able to find them. I called Berger back in June and they said they were going to do a run of these bullets during the entire month of July which would hit the distributors in late August. Well, I just called Berger again and they told me the run was going to go through September now but the bullets wouldn't be hitting the shelves at distributors until closer to winter, late Nov/Dec!!!

So, if you were waiting on these bullets for this hunting season, most people are going to be out of luck.

archp625

WKR
I've been looking for the 215's since March and even though I'm looking on 14 different sites at least 3 times a day I haven't been able to find them. I called Berger back in June and they said they were going to do a run of these bullets during the entire month of July which would hit the distributors in late August. Well, I just called Berger again and they told me the run was going to go through September now but the bullets wouldn't be hitting the shelves at distributors until closer to winter, late Nov/Dec!!!

So, if you were waiting on these bullets for this hunting season, most people are going to be out of luck.
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like Ill have to wait until later this year. What scared me is there are a ton of people out there that are looking for these and they will get bought up fast. There will be a ton of people out there that will be left with zero for many months after that.

I saw some on gun broker that were going for well over $300/100.

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
Same here, been looking since earlier this year. I’m down to just about enough to finish out this season. When they’re available again I know a bunch of guys (myself included) who will be buying much larger quantities than usual.

Interesting. I have a box of 100 of the 215s that I bought at my local gun shop a few months back (last box they had) to see if I could make them work in my factory 300WSM (they wont...gonna have to go custom which I'm not doing anytime soon). Sounds like I need to post a want to trade ad and then stock up for a future build later on.

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
Interesting. I have a box of 100 of the 215s that I bought at my local gun shop a few months back (last box they had) to see if I could make them work in my factory 300WSM (they wont...gonna have to go custom which I'm not doing anytime soon). Sounds like I need to post a want to trade ad and then stock up for a future build later on.
PM sent

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
I called Berger about a month ago and they said they should be hitting stores but I haven't seen anything. I get all the discord notifications and regularly check about 10 other resellers, I honestly doubt anyone has had them in stock since last year. I saw the military had a contract with Berger for the 215s, maybe that was renewed

I gave up waiting for the time being and got some LRHT 208's, couldn't be more happy with these! And really didn't have to mess with my dope that much

tdhanses

WKR
I would think they are close to showing up again even if for a short time, seems like about every 6 months i find them.

Last I talked to Berger they said better have a back order placed or most likely won’t be able to get them. They also said the 215’s would be available in October.... but they never showed up on Discord or any other websites I’ve seen all year.

mt100gr.

WKR
I have had some 215s back ordered since February...I've confirmed that my order is still in cue, but haven't seen or heard of any product...

The amazing thing is what I paid then vs. what the boxes are worth now!

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
Anybody get some 215's from Brownells this morning? They had them in 250 count boxes!

Between my dad and I we picked up 1500!! My Christmas wish was answered.

Anybody get some 215's from Brownells this morning? They had them in 250 count boxes!

Between my dad and I we picked up 1500!! My Christmas wish was
They had 100 ct the day before and I grabbed a good amount to get me by until my back orders are filled.

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
They had 100 ct the day before and I grabbed a good amount to get me by until my back orders are filled.
I missed out on that yesterday and I sure was glad I lucked into some today.....the cupboard was getting thin with 215's!

Btw, did you decide on a scope yet?

I missed out on that yesterday and I sure was glad I lucked into some today.....the cupboard was getting thin with 215's!

Btw, did you decide on a scope yet?
I feel ya. I was down to like 30. I have too many rifles that shoot them. Parts are trickling in for both new builds. One will be a 300 norma improved and the other a mild 338 wildcat to shoot the lighter 250 bergers or maybe try some cutting edge lazers. I haven’t completely decided on scopes. Honestly will probably be more 5-25 mark5’s or maybe nx8 4-32 f1. I like some of those other offerings we talked about but I’m a FFP guy and it leaves me a little limited.

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
I really like the 300 norma improved. I think that my might also be my next build, or the Lapua improved. If you think about it I'd like to hear how your 300 norma improved turns out and what your getting for ballistics.

I was really considering the Atacr 4-20 but the more I look at specs I think I'm leaning either with the 3.8-18 MK5 or the NX8 4-32.

I really like the 300 norma improved. I think that my might also be my next build, or the Lapua improved. If you think about it I'd like to hear how your 300 norma improved turns out and what your getting for ballistics.

I was really considering the Atacr 4-20 but the more I look at specs I think I'm leaning either with the 3.8-18 MK5 or the NX8 4-32.
The Norma is a sweet round imho and the improved even better. I’m kinda planning a 338 norma improved as well. Will be a a year or 2 out. But this way you can use the same dies for the most part. I like the Norma case as it’s short and can still be a repeater with the longer bullets. I personally don’t mind single feeding but to many others shoot my rifles and it makes it more complicated for them.

Personally I would push you towards the 5-25 mark5 over the baby. But that’s me. I just find it a better scope in a lot of ways and I also like mag…. I like the mag range of the big nx8. That’s the draw for me. I’ve been behind them. I don’t love nor hate them. But good enough and for the most part I trust them. Although I’ve read a couple horror stories…. But they all have those if you look hard enough.