Best 10mm models

bigdub257

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a G20 Gen 4. Just curious what everyone's recommendation would be for a holster to attach to a Kifaru belt. Looked at Alien gear website, but it appears they don't have a shapeshift for the Glock 20.
Thinking I would carry it on the left side (grip forward) as I have the gun bearer on the right for my rifle.

ArborKat

FNG
I have an Uncle Mike's holster on my kifaru belt for my G20, but I also run a razco under my fhf bino harness. Really enjoy that one. Uncle Mike's is light and does the trick. Also the HPG Recon kit bag is great for those times you want to look inconspicuous. The G20 fits great in it. I know it's not a holster but It kicks ass.

Tower

FNG
Just bought a G29 Gen 4, should be in today or tomorrow. Already have a Pearce extension to try, and also a G20 mag with X-grip spacer. Will see which one works best. Have heard the spacer can pinch. Considering Talon grips but want to shoot it first. Then on to replacing the sights and possibly the barrel to shoot hard cast.

My mountain carry gun for years has been a Taurus Titanium in .41Mag.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I really like the glock 20 and I actually have 2 of them, both gen4 with KKM barrels. I put the KKM barrels in because they supposedly work better for the 220g hardcast ammo that I carry, either underwood or buffalo bore.

I pretty much take one with me everywhere, packrafting, sheep hunting, hiking, jet boating etc. I dont need to feel bad when I dunk one or get it dirty like I do with my nice revolvers.

I got my first g20 (a gen 3) back in ~2010 before I moved to AK and I've been a 10mm fan boy ever since.

Beendare

WKR
I've been researching putting together a G20, but from what I have read so far I would like to upgrade the barrel, spring, trigger, and sights. Could one of you guys who has built one of these message me and walk me through the process/pros and cons of different components (buys stock and replacing or ordering all the parts and assembling)?

You don't HAVE to do anything to a Glock.....they just run......unless you are wanting to run Hard cast ammo. The guys I know swapped the barrel for either KKM or LW dropping barrels, and bumped up the Recoil spring- all drop in stuff.

Glock doesn't recommend Hard Cast or lead bullets in their barrels....though you should be fine if you clean it regularly. There have been cases of the hard cast bullets tumbling in polygonal barrels...good idea to swap barrels.

Last edited:

gethuntin

WKR
I had a G20 gen 3 full frame with a 6" KKM and thought i need the G40 MOS. The G40 was too much for carrying just to carry for protection. Likely will go to a G29SF or G20 SF when i get around to replacing it.

I have a Vortex Venom for sale if anyone would like one for there MOS.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Purchased a G40 last year and had no problems carrying it for 4 weeks in MT grizz country.

dla

WKR
You don't HAVE to do anything to a Glock.....they just run......unless you are wanting to run Hard cast ammo. The guys I know swapped the barrel for either KKM or LW dropping barrels, and bumped up the Recoil spring- all drop in stuff.

Glock doesn't recommend Hard Cast or lead bullets in their barrels....though you should be fine if you clean it regularly. There have been cases of the hard cast bullets tumbling in polygonal barrels...good idea to swap barrels.
This is wrong. Please don't repeat old wives tales. Stock Glock barrel will shoot hardcast just fine.

sab

Lil-Rokslider
This is wrong. Please don't repeat old wives tales. Stock Glock barrel will shoot hardcast just fine.

My experience confirmed the “old wives tale.” I was shooting Beartooth PileDriver Juniors in my stock G20 barrel, and a safe load with a clean barrel would show signs of excessive pressure before a full magazine was shot through it. Usually, by the 9th or 10th round, the primers were very flat, and the infamous Glock smile started showing up. Fouling was evident in the barrel by then, and cleaning the barrel would give me another 9-10 rounds before pressure signs showed up. I could do this all day long with clock-like repeatability!

YMMV, but my extensive load testing confirmed the “old wives tale” consistently.

husky390

WKR
Between my G40 and G20 with a 6” KKM barrel, I like the G20 better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dla

WKR
My experience confirmed the “old wives tale.” I was shooting Beartooth PileDriver Juniors in my stock G20 barrel, and a safe load with a clean barrel would show signs of excessive pressure before a full magazine was shot through it. Usually, by the 9th or 10th round, the primers were very flat, and the infamous Glock smile started showing up. Fouling was evident in the barrel by then, and cleaning the barrel would give me another 9-10 rounds before pressure signs showed up. I could do this all day long with clock-like repeatability!

YMMV, but my extensive load testing confirmed the “old wives tale” consistently.
You should write a book on it then because there are zillions of glock shooters using hardcast.
Also, you really should take a look at your bullet fit since you can consistently screw up.

The glock grips are a bit much for me. For what lone wolf charges, I think it’s worth just getting a full pistol from them with the springs, barrel, and grip reduction you’ll want to do to your glock.

Mike 338

WKR
A field gun gets beaten up. Thus the term "beater". Poly guns are good for that and especially inexpensive poly guns. Light weight and decent capacity is a nice plus as extra mags are just dead weight. Glock is a 2x4 but perfect for the application.