Best ammo company you can always find at the store

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
What ammunition manufacturer do you believe makes the most consistent hunting ammunition you can find almost anywhere? I'm not talking about the LAPUA that you would regularly have to order online, but something you can find at any run of the mill store. I've been running into issues lately with WInchester deer season XP (inconsistent groups, won't chamber, off center rounds) for my 6.5 creedmoor and started thinking about what my next choice of ammunition should be. I've run everything from Herters, Sellier, Federal, Hornady, Barnes, Remington, etc. and can pretty much say that for me I like Federal and Hornady look the best so far. What say you?

ODB

WKR
I’ve only tried the Barnes 270 recently and it shot exactly like my hand-loads.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X has been good for me in my creed. Its really accurate, and so far its taken a couple lopes, a deer, and a cow elk, and all have been DRT. My son shot a cow at 200 yards, shot was a little high forward, but anchored her right there. Perfect hole through the scapula, lungs were jelly, and about 70-80% of the mushroomed bullet in the off shoulder hide. I've read some other forum posts about people not have such good luck with it, but so far for me its been a good cartridge.

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
I've always preferred federal, but truth be told all brands of centerfire seem pretty reliable. Federal uses the bullets I want to shoot, like gamekings and partitions.

I have given up on finding the ammo I want in stores. Seems like whenever I need some they don’t have any or enough. I just find what a gun likes and order it online now.