Best ballistic app for iOS recommendations?

Any tips on what the ballistics app to have is these days for iphone/ipad?

I don't need anything too fancy. Just hoping to find something that has decent factory load data for common centrefire and rimfire (ideally Eley Standard and CCI Velocitor), and preferably for free.

Right now I'm using Zeiss's app and it works just fine. But there's an overwhelming number of options out there, and I'm wondering if there are better alternatives for basic "how-many-clicks-at-X-distance" stuff.

OP
S
Bushnell Ballistics (uses an Applied Ballistics Engine)
Excellent info, thanks! Should be pretty capable, then.

By the way, which Windy version is the one you're suggesting? There are several that seem similar: windy.app, windy.com, windy maps...

Strelok has been the bees knees for me.
Thanks, a few range buddies use this one. I'll have to give one of theirs a try to see if it lives up to the hype. :)

I’ve tried a bunch of them and they all suck to some degree. None that I have found have an updated bullet database that is current and accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JoeDirt

WKR
There are two Strelok apps in the apple app store. "StrelokPro" and "iStrelok"

StrelokPro I cannot enter in an elevation it wants you to use density altitude. I have nothing that reads in DA.

iStrelok I can pull my temp, elevation and pressure off of the phone or enter in manually. So I would do iStrelok

Also if you do not have a fancy scope with turrets both Strelok apps have a really cool reticle display that lets you dial in your yardage with your scope magnification.

E31D29CA-AB85-42BB-A5FD-5E8554B063CA.jpeg

deadwolf

WKR
Another vote for StrelokPro if using an app. But generally I prefer a Kestrel with AB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Neither AB nor Strelok Pro have the Norma 143gr BTHP 6.5mm...I can get most info needed to manually enter it, except bullet OAL. Guess I need to pull one?

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ballistics Arc has been great for our rimfires! Good enough that we normally leave our kestrel in the case on a non-windy day! If you are running Hornady Bullets then the 4dof is hard to beat! I seem to use that when I am shooting my centerfires because it is very user-friendly and gives solid data!

JjamesIII

WKR
Neither AB nor Strelok Pro have the Norma 143gr BTHP 6.5mm...I can get most info needed to manually enter it, except bullet OAL. Guess I need to pull one?
If you don’t have the bc data in an apps drop down menu, simply look it up from another source. Once you have an accurate bc and bullet weight, the rest is up to you as far as data inputs are concerned. The couple of ballistic apps I’ve used have been very accurate out to 1200 yards. They sure as hell beat the old ways of shoot and correct - as a free tool, I wouldn’t complain.

ChrisAU

WKR
If you don’t have the bc data in an apps drop down menu, simply look it up from another source. Once you have an accurate bc and bullet weight, the rest is up to you as far as data inputs are concerned. The couple of ballistic apps I’ve used have been very accurate out to 1200 yards. They sure as hell beat the old ways of shoot and correct - as a free tool, I wouldn’t complain.

No one, even Norma, has all the info published for that bullet. I did reach out to AB this morning and they've forwarded my request to the people that do that thing.

JjamesIII

WKR
No one, even Norma, has all the info published for that bullet. I did reach out to AB this morning and they've forwarded my request to the people that do that thing.
Bryan Litz may have the data you’re looking for also. He has ran through a few of Norma’s and lapua bullets that are not common. Berger and hornady are pretty good at offering accurate data. Nosler is all over the place historically. I think they got their crap together after enough people called them out on their overly optimistic data that wasn’t even close to accurate.