Best batter power banks?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I want to get a few new ones, who makes the best ones? Anker?

I need to be able to re charge headlamps, gps and phones for about a week. In the past I’ve used cheap ones but now it’s time to get some nicer ones.

Thanks!

I bought the small Goal Zero solar panel and large bank 4 yrs ago….

Total Junk!

I’ve got a bifold w/solar panel I bought off of Amazon that’s 10x the charger/bank that the GoalZero is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had great luck the last few years with a goal zero nomad 5 panel and 2 flip 30's. Used them moose hunting for 10 days in AK last year and kept everything fully charged.

Plus one on the Nitecore carbon. Also I know some people prefer to carry 2- 10k as opposed to one 20k in case it goes bad while you’re out. I think the Nitecore 10k is $60 and it’s pretty light

Anker for sure. I've submerged mine. Dried it out for a day or too and still worked like new, despite some rust on the leads.

I’ve had two Ankers. I had one that failed on me last year when it was about 10 degrees out. I was day hunting and about 3 miles back. I couldn’t recharge my phone/gps and I had to cut my hunt short because I got worried I wasn’t going to be able to find my way back without my phone. I learned two things that day. Always have a back up and learn to use paper maps/compass.

I forgot another Anker in a hotel room a few weeks ago. I’m not upset because it didn’t work that great either. So hopefully this thread will help me find a better battery bank.

Mindful Hunter podcast did a pretty good job comparing these few weeks ago. Anker 525 was his winner for pack hunters

I've used Anker for years with mostly good success. I had one fail. My most recent is the Anker 737 Power Bank. I bring along a smaller unit in my daypack as backup.

I’ve had two Ankers. I had one that failed on me last year when it was about 10 degrees out. I was day hunting and about 3 miles back. I couldn’t recharge my phone/gps and I had to cut my hunt short because I got worried I wasn’t going to be able to find my way back without my phone. I learned two things that day. Always have a back up and learn to use paper maps/compass.

I forgot another Anker in a hotel room a few weeks ago. I’m not upset because it didn’t work that great either. So hopefully this thread will help me find a better battery bank.
I support this. I still carry a compass and paper maps as backup. It's cheap and lightweight insurance.

I have used anker 6700, 10k & 20k packs pretty extensively both while traveling as well as hunting and they are excellent quality and great $. havent had a since issue with any of them, some are 5+ years old.

Back