Best belt for your pants to hike in?

This thread is great. The first big mistake I ever made was wearing a thick leather belt into the woods on a backpacking trip. My hips still have scars (literally) from the wounds that hiking with that thing created. I purchased a first lite belt a couple of years ago and it has been wonderful. Others mentioned in the thread are great too I am sure. Keep it simple/low profile. The belt is a very important and often overlooked piece of gear.

mproberts

WKR
Going to throw a couple new ones out there for you guys...

Hands down the best minimalist belt I have ever used and I own or have owned the KUIU, FL, Sitka and Marsupial belts among others. It works excellent under a hip belt and a part of the proceeds go to the creator's widow.

https://specops.us/belts.html (better bdu belt)

Once they are worn in they are excellent. Very similar to others webbing belts on the market, but I can vouch this will last forever. I have been running one almost daily for over a decade now. The only thing I have noticed is that it has shrunk about an inch over that time period (no idea how that is possible though). I also like the plastic buckle better than metal, it doesn't make noise and doesn't rub on the edges like the metal can.

I had first lite suspenders but they dug into my back if i had a heavy pack, currently running an old 1 inch web strap that came with one of my trail camera's and it works great! haha

Tried the marsupial gear belt yesterday. Seemed to work pretty well and I could take it off without having to work at it like the hpg belt. I like both and will continue to evaluate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
i use a strap from an old broken trail camera.

Good god man, this is the best post I've read on here! I've been struggling for AGES to find a thin, long belt (I'm a gret big biggun) & this is awesome! I've got tons of old cameras & ALL the straps are the perfect length for ma belly!
I'd buy you a beer if you were closer!

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another thumbs up for the Arcade belt. Best one I have tried so far for flexibility and comfort.

tjthebest

FNG
Good god man, this is the best post I've read on here! I've been struggling for AGES to find a thin, long belt (I'm a gret big biggun) & this is awesome! I've got tons of old cameras & ALL the straps are the perfect length for ma belly!
I'd buy you a beer if you were closer!

i think we got the idea from the Stone Glacier guy on a podcast or something.

Call.me.porter

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Arcade. Gave up on any other belts, and hey, it even gives you some stretch after those bigger meals.

I bought an Arcade belt based on suggestions here. I have used it on a few walks with my pack and around daily life and I really like it. I havent used it a whole season yet so hard to comment on durability. I would have liked just a touch more stretch. Quite a big selection of colors. But of course I went with black.