Best Boot Insoles (thicker is better)?

JustinD

FNG
Any recommendations for a low volume insole which insulates decently? The superfeet I tried in my LS Nepals were too thick and lifted me out of the heal cup which gave me blisters. The low profile insoles that are comfortable are thin and I can feel cold come up through the soles glassing in the late season.

Seeknelk

WKR
With super feet especially but any insole. Make sure to fit the arch to your foot...I can only wear ones that are for 2 sizes larger size than the boots I wear. Then trim the front off to fit the boot. The ones that are my size put the arch too far towards my heel and cause issues.
But I find I prefer Sole and also Tread and Butter insoles myself.

MojaveJim

FNG
Lathrop & sons has a great insole, that's all I've used the last couple years & I think I tried all of them over the years.

I have never tried superfeet in hiking/hunting boots. I was talked into a pair with new skates. They absolutely killed my feet, the issue mentioned above about the arch being to close to the heel was my problem. have not tried them since. I did find SOLE this last year that have worked well for me.

Coldtrail

WKR
I used Super feet for years, the past couple years I have been running Oboz "O-fit" insoles and like them a bit better, more shock absorbing, and 1/2 the price.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Sheepfeet are #1 hands down. You also try Superfeets ME3D Max cusion. They take a scan of your foot and 3d print the shape. Then send you a pair in a few weeks. Not bad at 150$ too

Marble

WKR
The best boot insoles I have ever used were made by Lathrop and Sons. $100. They cut them to fit your boot.

He described the material as something made for diabetics with really bad feet that is usually available by prescription. Probably so that insurance pays I guess.

I move them from boot to boot and they fit just fine.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk