Best boot leather conditioner/waterproofing?

Maldavis

FNG
I just finished putting Kenetrek on my boots about 15 mins ago. I have no clue how well it works yet, but I can tell you that it has no noticeable odor (unlike the old stuff I had) and is ridiculously easy to apply. Plus I got it on amazon, delivered for under $20. A big plus considering I haven't found much locally.

I wore a glove and body heat and a tiny bit of friction was more than enough. No heat needed. In fact, they recommend no heat as it can degrade the rand adhesive.

Received Kenetrek’s about a month ago. Also a tub of their conditioner. Easy to apply. Have taken 2 hikes in snow and the boots look exactly like they did after I first lubed them up. So far would recommend the Kenetrek boot conditioner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good old fashion Sno-Seal has always worked best for me. At the beginning of each season I’ll throw my boots into the oven to warm them up a bit, then smear on the Sno-Seal and go. Feet always stay dry.
bc67dff0680112254859531f6bd74fd3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used bear lard before, then I read somewhere that it can ruin the leather. Not sure if true or not, but I have stopped using it.

Sno Seal and Grainger's G Wax for me...

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
A few thoughts after a couple months of wet hiking and hunting this year. I've not found a "magic bullet" wax that permanently seals my Lowa Tibet boots, but am reasonably happy with Obenauf Heavy Duty LP wax for now.

SnoSeal contains petroleum distillates, which may be why some have found it to delaminate boot rands (distillates can act as solvents on glues). I've seen the detrimental effects of Snowseal on a colleague's Lowa Tibets, so I'll stick to sno-sealing leather gloves.

Nikwax Waterproofing Wax for Leather is too watery for my liking and doesn't last for more than 1 hour of walking through wet grass. Plus, I hate spilling it all over the place when the applicator wears out or clogs. I suspect that their Waterproofing Wax for Leather cream in a tube is better stuff because it is thicker and less messy to apply.

Obenauf Heavy Duty LP is my current favorite. It is easy to apply to warm boots and really penetrates leather. I bet it's not great for goretex liner breathability, but I'll trade that for more waterproof leather. Durability is pretty good, I re-apply it after every other wet hike. I have not tried applying their Water Shield over the LP wax, but will give it a shot.

PA Hunter

WKR
I just got back from a 12 day Alaska DIY moose hunt used my Kennetrek Mountain Guide boots with their wax applied and I was amazed my feet did not get wet at all even though I was constantly walking through water, snow, wet brush ect. My whole body was soaked except for my feet.