best budget dialable scope recommendations

Blaw

WKR
first of all I know its SWFA, I am in Canada and unfortunately I have to go through optics warehouse in the UK because they do not ship to Canada thanks to USA export laws.

this makes the fixed 6x come in close to 1k after shipping+ exchange rate, and the 3-15 almost 2k....

Any other recommendations? I really wanted that damn 6x :(

looking for a 243 and another option for a 300wm

243 out to 300-400yds
300wm out to 1k
both for hunting, I am not capable of shooting that well, but would like to grow into instead of buying again.....and I would like them to be reasonably priced.

Athlon?
Vortex?
Nikon?

bdg848

WKR
I'm also interested in Vortex. People say their customer service is great....but I don't want to have to use it.

I have had to give up on vortex's great customer service they are great every time I have to use them....that's the problem I keep having to use it. Rifle scopes binoculars and spotting scope. Yep got them all and am now selling the rifle scopes off after waking up from the bite. Can't trust them. I'm going back to what has always worked and have never had to use the warranty leupold all the way. Warranty is just as good glass is great too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
Bushnell is doing closeouts on the 3500, 4500, 6500 line. I just bought a 4500 w bcd reticle.

They aren't a bad scope, have decent reputation out to 500 yards from what I hear. Cheaper than the swfa scopes $ by a bunch.

Wrongside

WKR
If you can, maybe wait a bit? Hopefully SWFA changes their policy again when the ITAR changes come down.

I wouldn't spend my money on any of the options you listed, short of a Razor. Which kinda puts you into a different budget category. :)

amp713

WKR
I've got a cabelas covenant that is going good so far and I have a buddy who has been using them for a long while and no issues yet. It's probably more budget than most people would trust but I'm giving it a go on my 300 win

Buy used? Or from eBay? If a guy from the US had one and mailed it to you, would it follow under the same laws? Seems like it’s just a box at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
Buy used? Or from eBay? If a guy from the US had one and mailed it to you, would it follow under the same laws? Seems like it’s just a box at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that would be up to that guy, it's not against Canadian laws. I would just go pick one up from across the border but apparently USA border guys will randomly check people...which would suck.

x2.

Or watch the Canadian forums for a used 3-12 LRHS or SWFA SS 6x, Blaw. They do show up from time to time...
I didnt know there was a Canadian forum on rokslide? or do you mean canadiangunnutz?

If you can, maybe wait a bit? Hopefully SWFA changes their policy again when the ITAR changes come down.

I wouldn't spend my money on any of the options you listed, short of a Razor. Which kinda puts you into a different budget category. :)

when would that be happening? the fixed 6 from swfa is literally exactly what I want damnit!

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
as a side note there is a Bushnell Forge 2.5-15x50mm Deploy MOA FFP on sale for $770 CAD......anyone use those yet? that could plop right down on my 300WM

BigPrince

FNG
Maybe AA Optics will ship to Canada? <$700 USD for a refurbished Viper PST Gen2 is hard to beat. Bushnell LRTS/LRHS or Athlon BTR would be other options.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
Maybe AA Optics will ship to Canada? <$700 USD for a refurbished Viper PST Gen2 is hard to beat. Bushnell LRTS/LRHS or Athlon BTR would be other options.

are athlon any good? I know Form on here says pretty much nothing tracks well on turrets....is that the same with athlon?

Not too concerned for my 308 or future 243 as it will be a 300 yrd gun, but the 300wm I would like to go further

ChrisAU

WKR
Is it against the law to ship a scope to Canada from the US? If not, PayPal me the cost of a scope and my shipping costs and I’ll send one via USPS. My office is right next to a post office.

Wrongside

WKR
I didnt know there was a Canadian forum on rokslide? or do you mean canadiangunnutz?

when would that be happening? the fixed 6 from swfa is literally exactly what I want damnit!
Yeah, CGN. Or most provinces have a forum or two with decent exchanges. I know where there is a SS 10x for $500CAD, if you're interested. I have both, and they're almost interchangeable, IMO. I like the 6x better for a hunting setup, but either will work.

Not sure on the ITAR changes. Hopefully soon!! I need a couple more 6x myself! Haha.

260madman

WKR
Is it against the law to ship a scope to Canada from the US? If not, PayPal me the cost of a scope and my shipping costs and I’ll send one via USPS. My office is right next to a post office.

ITAR restrictions. You don’t want to do this unless Club Fed sounds like fun.