LRTS vs Nikon fx1000

Blaw

WKR
Keep in mind I am in Canada, so some of the USA options are not ones I can make

right now I can get the Nikon fx1000 4-16x50 FFP mil/mil setup for $629 to my door

or the Bushnell LRTS 3-12x44 mil/mil for $828 to my door

This is going on a 300WM

reality is 500 yards hunting, and further for targets

This is also on a budget build. So price is a factor.

I know ppl have hard ons for the LRTS :) I am wondering if it is diminishing returns compared to the nikon.

I have also read positive reviews on the Nikon, but not a whole lot of reviews on durability??

Any actual first hand knowledge would be appreciated.

fyi,I was able to get my hands on a 6x swfa, but I am now thinking of putting that on a 22lr trainer, and one of these others would go on the 300wm

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
With Nikon getting out of the scope game the choice would be easy for me, especially with the LRTS only being $200 more.

Wrongside

WKR
With Nikon getting out of the scope game the choice would be easy for me, especially with the LRTS only being $200 more.
Agreed. The Nikon may be fine- I don't know- but I do know the Bushy will most likely be excellent. If it's not, Bushnell Canada supports the Elite Tac line very well. Over and above, IME of one warranty claim. Nikon warranty on rifle scopes will likely be limited to credits going forward, but who knows.

With Nikon exiting the scope game I wouldn’t chance it. I know they’re still going to warranty the scopes, but one has to wonder just how long that’s going to last and honestly, what it’s going to entail when the current stock of scopes and parts is depleted.

Not to mention that the LRTS is a very well known and highly esteemed scope. It would be worth the extra cash, to me, to have that reliability.

If you can swing it, go LRTS.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I am not sure what is factored in to the $828 for the LRTS, but it is my understanding that, IN CANADA, Bushnell has a 30% rebate offer through 4/30/20. I don’t think that rebate is good in the U.S.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
I am not sure what is factored in to the $828 for the LRTS, but it is my understanding that, IN CANADA, Bushnell has a 30% rebate offer through 4/30/20. I don’t think that rebate is good in the U.S.
yea the LRTS is around 1700 CAD normally, on sale for 1100 then minus the 30% brings it around 828 delivered.

Would be a lot easier if there was an economy in Western Canada, man we are getting hammered between our Gov and than this Covid stuff.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
for those of you curious, I went and checked out the nikon at cabelas. IMO glass is pretty nice if that matters to you.
Turrets have a very pronounced click, and short as well as shallow detent.
Compared it to a NF SHV as well as my own SWFA 6X and it is really noticeable. SWFA and NF SHV scopes the detents with "clicks" are far deeper, actually takes more effort to turn them.

The nikon was not loosley spinning by any means, but was easier to turn

I think it would really be a personal preference at the end of the day

Also saw the new Razor sfp scope, has similar turrets to the bushnell forge it looks like...

BAKPAKR

WKR
yea the LRTS is around 1700 CAD normally, on sale for 1100 then minus the 30% brings it around 828 delivered.

Would be a lot easier if there was an economy in Western Canada, man we are getting hammered between our Gov and than this Covid stuff.

I was hoping the rebate was not factored in. But, that would still be a great deal. As I am one of the guys who let the Cameraland deal slip through my fingers, I think I would go for the LRTS while I could and not cry over what could have been May 1.