Best Bug Repellent?

sidog

FNG
I have had good luck with the thermacell for mosquitos and biting flies. While fishing in South Dakota the flies can be terrible. We put a couple of them in the boat and the flies are gone. Not many mosquitos on the boat but the thermacell helps while having a beverage at fish camp.

adaptablesurvival

Lil-Rokslider
picaridin by Sawyers. its a lotion. best stuff ive ever used for mosquitoes
Same here! Since I've started using this with the Off Lemon Eucalyptus spray, I haven't been bite by mosquitoes or found a single tick on me. I've been to some areas where the ticks are heavy! And came out with one on my pants but none on my skin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I fish in very rural canada every year. I cant explain to you how bad the bugs are. Here is what I do.

Dr. Bronners castle soap - comes in all kinds of scents eucalyptus & mint seen to work best for me (bugs dont like this stuff)
I use bullfrog on the boat, with a thermacell if they are really bad. Thermacell in sleeping area, but recently just went to a straight up squeeter net for sleeping and its awesome.
DEET is king, so have a can of Deepwoods handy your heading into the woods or outside at night, I try to avoid skin contact with this crap as much as I can...

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Can confirm the mosquitos in California have been awful this year. We've had a couple short lived cold snaps and some snow up high, but not enough to knock them out yet. This summer up in the desolation wilderness (6,500-10,000 feet) in late July was the worst I've ever seen mosquitos in the back country in 25 years of going out there.