Best Cat Whisker Tie-In Method

dlee56

WKR
What's your go to tie-in method for cat whiskers? I've seen a few on YouTube but I haven't found one I'm totally in love with yet, I may be a bit of a perfectionist but it seems like they all have their downfalls.

Also, if you have any favorite alternatives to cat whiskers I'd love to hear about it.

oldgoat

WKR
Wool is so much easier, but I do like cat whiskers better, but listening to trad lab, puffs are better than whiskers if I remember right. I use a material clamp, "a"shaped type, wrap 2 pieces of whisker material around string, use clamp to hold in place, then take a piece of string material and tie loops in each end, wrap around string and tie a double overhand knot, granny knot they you loop tag end through twice, use 2 screwdrivers in the 2 loops tied in the end of the strings and pull right, wrap string around and tie same as before and tighten again, then tie a square knot and trim.

Wrench

WKR
Dan Toelke could put on a clinic. He uses less material and ties it tighter and trims shorter than most....and his are the best ive seen.