Best combo tripod for scoping plus shooting.

darmento

FNG
Need some quick advice on dual purpose tripods. I am going to do my first antelope hunt this fall in Wyoming. I want to get a tripod that I can glass the open area with, and then also use to shoot with. I will be using binoculars on the tripod, and not a spotting scope. It looks like there are decent pure shooting tripods that run around $100 to $150. It also looks like there are nice glassing tripods sold by optics companies that run more in the $250 to $300 range. These are probably more solid and stable. I am willing to pay up to get one tripod that is good for both purposes. If anyone could give me some advice on a dual purpose tripod that is not too heavy And performs well at glassing as well as shooting, I would be very grateful. I know this sounds like a rookie question, but there are so many choices and it is really confusing. Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Happy to help. Probably the best bet would be the Slik 824CF tripod with the Slik SBH-635 Head. With our march tripod sale you can get a great deal. The tripod is carbon fiber, very sturdy and absorbs a lot of vibration

Give me a call to discuss this and other options
516-217-1000
Joel

I have a TriClawps that I use for glassing with my Binos and for shooting. It works very well. I just got a Field Optics carbon tripod. I haven't hunted with it yet but I think I am going to really like it.

Kenflow

FNG
Happy to help. Probably the best bet would be the Slik 824CF tripod with the Slik SBH-635 Head. With our march tripod sale you can get a great deal. The tripod is carbon fiber, very sturdy and absorbs a lot of vibration

Give me a call to discuss this and other options
516-217-1000
Joel
Is that a Pan head or a ball head? I'm not finding that one.

That is a ball head that holds 13 pounds. A ball head is perfect for binoculars and shooting. We have heads that hold more weight from Sirui that are all on sale as well through the 31st