Best Dog Packs...?

AKSandman

FNG
For those of you that have well behaved K9 companions and can take them hunting... what’s the best dog pack you have used for hunting trips?

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
i have a ruff wear pallisades pack for my lab, it fits her well and its s a super legit pack, just found that with her little backpacking bed it tops out with 5 days of food and a liter of water, but very nice and she doesnt seem to mind wearing it. Im exited to take her out sheep hunting with me when i get home from work!

jhm2023

WKR
We take our GSP and Drahthaar on a lot of our hunts and various outdoor adventures and they wear a Ruffwear approach. We only have them carry some of their food, a liter of water with collapsible bowl, a waterproof blanket and a small first aid kit for paw injuries. Seems to work well for them and I like the orange color to make sure they are highly visible and not looking like a fur bearer to turds that shoot anything that moves.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ruffwear

Wags

WKR
Man, my dog has been getting away with living the good life too long. I never thought of having her carry her own gear.

zscott

FNG
Those of you with the palisades pack, have you had any issues with chafing? May just be my overactive dogs but any longer than a day in the pack and the harness rubs them raw in certain areas.

Decker9

WKR
Those of you with the palisades pack, have you had any issues with chafing? May just be my overactive dogs but any longer than a day in the pack and the harness rubs them raw in certain areas.

The pack in the first photo I posted is a medium, my bigger dog packed it for the first 4-5 years, but was always on the small side (maxed out) in the spring after she plumped up after winter. We never really hiked more then day trips in spring, but I could see how it would have caused issues with the strap behind the armpits from the chest strap being to short.

last year I bought a size large for my bigger dog, being able to extended that chest strap, I can adjust it for all year long lol.

Also, when my dogs have their packs on, their always by my side. You mention your dogs pretty active? I could totally see a pack causing rub’s if a dogs running a lot I think.

I really like the Onetigris vests. They are MOLLE rigged so I can switch out the bags or add extra bags depending on the length of the hike. They have really great handles front and back which works great to grab a hold of the dog or to lift them over things if need be. And the cut doesn’t seem to rub or chafe.
Highly recommend

wseidel

WKR
Just purchased the Ruffwear Palisades (M) for Sophie, my 75# golden retriever, and we used it today while harvesting Chaga mushrooms. She is familiar with harnesses as she pulls a sled during the winter...and adapted easily to the Palisades pack. On the return trip she was carrying 12 pounds easily. So fun to watch them work and WANT to be a help. Interestingly, like others have mentioned, Sophie gets excited when the pack or harness comes out because she knows another adventure is about to begin!

Mountainsnith makes a decent dog pack. It has held up to a couple of years of abuse.

Attachments

• BF3659B0-A9C3-42C3-90A1-5948CF8EDBA5.jpeg
    BF3659B0-A9C3-42C3-90A1-5948CF8EDBA5.jpeg
    696 KB · Views: 10