Best overall freeze dried food brands? Ty

CharlesF

FNG
Any of the Peak variety are great, haven't enjoyed heathers choice in the past. Bring some small tortillas along & toast on your stove for some breakfast or dinner tacos

TimeOnTarget

Lil-Rokslider
Peak beats most all I’ve found based on calories per bag and water needed. Some other brands would take 3 meals to equal 1 peak meal. They’re pretty tasty too.

CMF

WKR
Does anyone just get the freeze chicken or ground meat and put together their own meals?
If so, where do you order from?
It looks like ordering MH bulk from Cotsco would be the cheapest at $3 serving for chicken if you get 6-10lb. cans.
I'm thinking of just adding chicken with the ramen noodles, not sure on a meal with the ground beef.
Lately I've been just taking ramen and a couple hydrated chicken packs that weigh like 3oz each($1.25ea) or the idaho potatoes($1) wiht chicken or pull pork, etc.

I have tried a few. Peak has been best. Where is best place to buy in volume? Will be buying for four for up to 12 non consecutive days in backcountry.

JD Jones

WKR
Peak curry is my current fav and has been really for a few years now. I literally ate it 6 of 9 nights on my last trip. That said, I just bought a bunch of new so I’ll report back if anything changes.

Pakit gourmet is also really good as some mentioned and local-ish to me.

I second the Peak coconut chicken curry. Love it! But the peak beef stroganoff was gross. The beef had a weird taste and I burped it for hours afterward. The last meal before leaving I tried it again to see if it was just me the first time. It was gross then also. I like Mtn House biscuits and gravy and breakfast skillet.
I always add a little more water and give a few more minutes hydrating across all brands. Peak seems to take a little less water and provides more protein. I am very hungry after a day of hunting so the large servings are great for me.