Best Puffy?

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
Cannot not recommend this coat any stronger. I tried this coat and it’s literally made for dwarves. It’s the worst cut/shape of any puffy or all time. Terrible hood design as well.

It’s a warm coat with good materials overall. But unwearable in the back country unless you’re child size.
I was wondering about this, the Feathered friends puffys look nice but I’ve seen multiple people say they run short. That’s disappointing, I’ll have to look at Rab or montbell instead. I don’t want to pay 400 bucks for something that doesn’t cover my torso.

atmat

WKR
i can second the ghost whisperer. amazing warmth/weight ratio and i find it warmer than my patagonia down sweater which i believe has more down.

are you comparing to the kuiu pro down? that would be impressive and worth knowing given its 5oz of 850 FP down.
The MH Ghost Whisperer 2 jacket and pants are great. The jacket packs into its own pocket. The pants come with a tiny stuff sack. Since they’re not treated I tend to store in a ziplock in my bag. Plus it gives me a spare ziplock should I need it.

sr80

WKR
I was just at the BC hunting expo and salute to conservation in Penticton BC (BC sheep show), and sitka had a booth there, and they had a not released new sitka puffy on the rack. It is supposed to be coming out this summer. Called the Kelvin Hyper Down jacket, made to replace the kelvin down WS jacket. The rep didnt seem to have a ton of info on it, hate when that happens. But it was NICE, great fit, a tad bit longer in the torso than the WS kelvin (i found the sitka kelvin down to be very wide and short), the outer material didnt seem as burly and durable. But its a nice like jacket with a ton of down fill, i did find a primaloft tag inside so im guessing it has synthetic in the shoulders and maybe arms? Or it could by something mixed with the down, but it was nice and light felt good. Pretty excited for this one.

Appalaskan

Lil-Rokslider
Recently acquired a feathered friends down jacket in the classifieds. Here is a photo of the Grumman, Montbell and Feathered Friends. I also have the Kuiu Super Down Pro. Of the 4 Feathered Friends is stacked with down but is shorter than the Montbell so they would be very close in total warmth. The Grumman is warm but simply less down than the other 3. If you want a burner down coat I would look to the Feathered Friends or Montbell. The most packable would be the Grumman or Kuiu. None should be used brush busting not their design.
There’s
Recently acquired a feathered friends down jacket in the classifieds. Here is a photo of the Grumman, Montbell and Feathered Friends. I also have the Kuiu Super Down Pro. Of the 4 Feathered Friends is stacked with down but is shorter than the Montbell so they would be very close in total warmth. The Grumman is warm but simply less down than the other 3. If you want a burner down coat I would look to the Feathered Friends or Montbell. The most packable would be the Grumman or Kuiu. None should be used brush busting not their design.
There’s ol’ Betsy.

Rokslide turned me on to this and I think it’s awesome…
Have this jacket. I love it and wear it a ton. Definitely size up

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Im a huge fan of my Patagonia puffy, very lightweight and packable and warm for its weight. I wear it under a thin softshell if needed to protect it from brush and that combination is very flexible to layer with. Not a hunting brand but the quality is there and I havent been losing any down.

Which piece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
Which piece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I get my brands confused. My UL rainjacket is a Patagonia Torrentshell.
My UL puffy is a Marmot... its old and they dont make this one anymore, theres no name label on it except marmot. The modern equivalent is their mens Highlander Jacket, 700fill down, weighs just under a lb., pretty much exactly what I have. Id buy another one if needed without concern. Or alternatively a Patagonia puffy of the same weight.

REI makes a great 850 fill puffy that you can pick up for ~$100 around Black Friday. I've had mine for years & it's great. Have bought 5 more for family/ friends.