Best source for AA lithium batteries?

Legend

WKR
I run some cameras all winter long in remote country. If I am lucky I check them once a year. So lithium are the way to go for me.

Does anyone have a favorite place to buy them at a better (they are never cheap) price? Has anyone tried the off brand ones?

OP
Legend

Legend

WKR
EBL on ebay
Those are a much better price. Do you have experience with them? Can you see any downside in performance compared to the energizer?

87TT

WKR
I just bought some too but haven’t used any yet. Neat cases though.

OP
Legend

Legend

WKR
Costco, not much of a price break but you know they will be reliable.
I would hate to know how many AA batteries I have bought from Costco when the kids were young. But I have never seen the Lithium batteries at ours.

Those are a much better price. Do you have experience with them? Can you see any downside in performance compared to the energizer?
I used in game cameras some last fall. One camera I left out ran all winter in MN. They have worked well for me. I found a review where they test 98-100% of the benchmark Energizer lithiums.

I was looking for some Energizer Lithium AA to put in my Eotech on my Patrol Rifle. A pack of 4 were $17 on Ebay. I guess maybe I have to start looking for the EBL brand to try.

Always do a drive by at Home Depot. They occasionally mark down the energizers a lot for some reason. I bought AAA 20 pack the other day cheap. other than that Energizer is nuts on price. EBL is my go-to.

the only double AA lithium's i like are energizer ultimate lithium's and they seem to continue to go up in price. Have you considered any of these options ? Mine will operate 24/7 365 in temps well below zero with these.

can also make your own buying compents from here or amazon if you'd like. They basically pay for themselves after 1 or 2 years depending on which AA's you use.

OP
Legend

Legend

WKR
the only double AA lithium's i like are energizer ultimate lithium's and they seem to continue to go up in price. Have you considered any of these options ? Mine will operate 24/7 365 in temps well below zero with these.

can also make your own buying compents from here or amazon if you'd like. They basically pay for themselves after 1 or 2 years depending on which AA's you use.
I think these are great ideas in the right setting.

I have found that the bears and two legged predators like to mess with things. If it isn't inside a neat little steal box it won't be there next year.

I think these are great ideas in the right setting.

I have found that the bears and two legged predators like to mess with things. If it isn't inside a neat little steal box it won't be there next year.
I agree. I don't have problems with the 2-legged predators but every now & then have problems with bears. In the problem bear areas i like to use camera mounts like these to get the camera of the ground 9-10' and then will strap external battery pack to tree somehow. Of course, in the areas with heavy tree canopy the solar doesn't help much but there still enough juice in battery to keep em running. '

These are some cheap camera mounts i use when mounting them off the ground a ways.

How good are the solar panels in the woods. I have a few open field application but would like on for my salt lick cam.

I run some cameras all winter long in remote country. If I am lucky I check them once a year. So lithium are the way to go for me.

Does anyone have a favorite place to buy them at a better (they are never cheap) price? Has anyone tried the off brand ones
I just get them off amazon. Seem to me they have the best price compared to stores around me.

Does anyone have a favorite place to buy them at a better (they are never cheap) price? Has anyone tried the off brand ones?
Cheapest I have found Energizer lithium AA online is through Sam's club. Even with paying the non-member fee (like $5-7/order), it was still cheaper than Amazon last I checked

Scrappy

WKR
I would hate to know how many AA batteries I have bought from Costco when the kids were young. But I have never seen the Lithium batteries at ours.
Yes my bad, I get my lithium batts from sams.