Best way to carry rifle on my pack

Phaseolus

WKR
I just sling it on my shoulder and secure it with the chest strap. No problem for many years, maybe I am missing something.

JDM57

FNG
I used the sling hook this year and it worked really well. While using sticks the butt of my gun would work its way up parallel to the ground and the thinner section of my sling would want to roll over the hook, if that makes sence. Not on sticks it seemed to stay put.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My wife sewed a butt stock pocket and two clip together tension straps onto my pack for me. Best setup since I use two trekking poles and don’t need a rifle in the way while hiking.

Werty

WKR
I built my own, that lies under my right arm. It's always in the ready position. I hike with it in the same position, whether long hike or stalking.

rino

FNG
I have the Stone Glacier sling on my Kuiu ultra 1800. It took a bit of rigging (strategically placed zip tie) to make it work flawlessly. It's great for having out of the way and I deploy my rifle up over my shoulder vs swinging around as they do in the videos. Way faster. The only drawback is you need to take your pack off to remount gun. The kifaru mounting allows you to do this. Next season I'll be adding a kifaru top piece to my pack strap to give me both options. Keeping it on the side (quick access) is nice for griz areas.