Best winter hunting boot

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I've got a pair of Kenetrek Mtn Extremes but my heel doesn't really like them.

What are some other solid choices?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

slowelk

WKR
I wear Kenetrek ME 400s for this time of year and I really enjoy them. Dry and warm when active or sitting. Kenetrek has posted videos of alternative lacing methods to prevent heal slip. I haven't tried them as I don't have any issues, but I'd suggest that before you buy something new.

Consider Crispi wild rocks? they have been flawless for me in my limited use. Since I started wearing 1st weekend of October I've had em on outside for probably 14-15 days with say 2-6 miles per day. Few times I've had 1-2 nights gear in pack, others have been with days worth of gear. Ive had 1 day of 50 degrees and rest have been mid 30s down to teens. Crossed a few creeks in them, walked muddy slick cow trails in them. Every day I've worn them there has been snow though. Never wet, broke in nice and have real good support all throughout.

For socks I've had either darn tough socks or kenetrek Alaska socks and no issues with being cold, the one day it got to 50 I had a 2.5 mile pack out to the truck and my feet did get warm with the darn toughs on.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lowke01

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a pair of Kenetrek Mtn Extremes but my heel doesn't really like them.

What are some other solid choices?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I would try different lacing strategy and a different insole strategy before I gave up on those boots. I have found a little trick that works for me and that is to put some cheap half length gel insoles underneath a better quality insole. It raises my heal up and eliminates some irritation I sometimes get on my Achilles. Also locks my heal in better and gives me a little extra cushion.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OFFHNTN

WKR
When you say "winter" boot, are you still spot and stalking in the snow? More stationary or stand hunting? Being in CO, I also assume you will be in the mountains and not the prairie?

https://www.whitesboots.com/#/product/2382

White's dri-foot are fantastic boots and I cannot say enough good things about them. I have the uninsulated model but my feet don't get cold very easy. They also make them in an insulated model for later hunting although I wore mine hunting in snow several days and my feet never got cold. They also will build these to fit your foot! You can also get the Montana Claw lug sole with is the best air-bob sole out there for traction in any condition. That's what I chose for me.

https://schnees.com/hunter-ii/

Schnee's Hunter II boots are fantastic for late season hunts. Get the air-bob sole for great traction!! I love mine and put in a lot of miles in them. Heading out in the near future to call coyotes and wolves (hopefully) and will likely use my snowshoes also. They work great on snowshoes too.