Best Woodland Caribou Outfitter

My trophy is a full freezer. Which eliminates Africa. I'm still waiting for my NL Caribou meat. If it is exceptional, I will go back. I got a Caribou near Millertown, NL Opening morning, done by lunch time :)

Has anyone hunted woodland caribou with Newfoundland Wilderness Outfitters or Moose Valley Outfitters.?

OP
S

Sako76

WKR
Guys--I ended up doing a combo moose and caribou hunt with Rock Camp Outfitters out of Peter Strides. The cabin was primitive, I was not happy sitting in the cargo area of the Argo with my buddy on a 1x1 hunt. We also had issues with running water, broken chitter, air transportation issues and running out of bottled water.

That said, the camp went 4 for 4 on moose (30" mine, 34", 34 1/2" and a 44" slammer). I had the only caribou tag allotted to the outfitter and I ended up shooting a 333 6/8ths B&C caribou! Moose and caribou were plentiful, the guides knew their stuff. They spotted my caribou bedded with a small herd 1700 yards away. The hunt was $17,750 plus $1300 in licenses. I booked this hunt at the Harrisburg show through a booking agent. Reasonable price (for these times), I doubt I will hunt Woodland Caribou again because of the price. I got lucky and had great guides.

I hear some Woodland Caribou hunts are pushing $30K, crazy times. Thanks for listening!

mms2

FNG
I picked up my woodland caribou/moose combo for $18k; and they added my wife's moose for another $6k - I was finding ranges of $15k-$20k for the caribou alone depending on camp type and trophy quality.

On the Greenland hunt.....DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Having hunted Greenland I would not go back - was it a good experience, yes. But after hunt costs run rampant and were frustrating. I've hunted all over and Greenland was even more aggressively priced on getting your trophies back than central Asia or even Africa. Just make sure you track it all out before planning your trip. Greenland looks good on face value and is super fun; but the path to get your stuff home is an exercise in check writing - much more so than I was led to believe.
have you done your Hunt in NL for caribou how did it go with Roberts?