Better arrow?

Trying to help a buddy put together some arrows for his new Mathews ChillR.65# @29"

He is looking for an ultra small diameter setup. Thinking either VAP or Easton FMJ Injexion shafts.

The FMJ Injexions will be heavier which he likes, but does not want to use Deep Six broadheads. Does anybody know if a heavy outsert is made with standard threads for the FMJ Injexion shafts?

He wants to shoot VPA's 150 or 175 grain broadheads.

jm1607

WKR
I'm not sure about your exact question but I did want to chime in and say I have friends that shoot the Black Eagle Deep Impacts and love them! I'm personally shooting Carnivores right now..

For inserts you may want to check these out and see if any line up, I didn't take a close look. Maybe even give them a call. I got some 100g ones for my Carnivores to help my FOC out. They are standard broadhead size but the Carnivores aren't micro diameter:

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Brass+Point+Inserts_i0255X_baseitem.html

Good morning Jacob. Listen I shoot 350 Victory VAPS with the 50 grain insert. They fly great for me. My FOC is around 14 and some change. Which really helps at longer distances. He can shoot a 100 grain broadhead and still have 150 grains out front. That's what I shoot. The 350s would work great for his setup. Hope this helps.

jmez

WKR
You can use the VAP Penetrator insert system in the FMJ Injexions. They accept a standard thread. You can also use an outsert made by Firenock which also accepts the standard threads.

I'd like to know more about the DCA outsert. Could you post a picture of one so we can see how it captures the carbon, or if it does? Do you have a stainless steel option? I've heard good things about your arrows and if the outsert is a good option I'll give some a try.

TheArtRed

FNG
View attachment 13519
Here is a pic with a standard size ulmer edge on it.
If you ever done any plumbing work, the outsert acts very much like a bushing or adapter.
It is 30 grain aluminum, and is actually designed to work like a crumple zone on a car.
If you hit a rock, tree, spine, etc, the outsert will bend or break minimizing the damage to the carbon.
Then you can just glue on a new outsert and be set to go.
I recommend 5 minute epoxy so you can work the outsert to spin true before drying.
Also, the inside of the outsert has adhesion grooves (like rifling in a barrel almost) which creates more adhesive surface area
creating a very positive bond with the carbon.
We prefer this system to an insert system for 3 reasons.
1. Inserts allow for negative leverage within the shaft causing breakage.
2. Many SD style inserts allow for a limited choice on broadheads
3. Almost all SD style arrows are done on a centerless grinder, which means getting an insert with a point to spin true is almost impossible.
I hope that helps! PM me if you have any additional questions.

I am also interested in the DCA outsert and small diameter arrow. I couldnt get the picture to work, but that may just be me.

Also, if it is designed to break upon impact then how does it perform with a broadhead hitting animal hide, tissue, and/or bone? Not trying to be critical of your product, just wondering how it will perform in a hunting situation since that is what I would be using it for. Thanks

Tilzbow

WKR
Check out Fire Nock Aero outserts. I built up 24 Black Eagle Deep Impact arrows and the outserts are real nice. I'm using the new vented VPA 125 grain broad head on this setup. With any of the outserts you really have to pay attention to fit otherwise you'll get a lot of wobblers.

bradb

WKR
I just built up some black eagle x impacts with outserts and 125 un vented vpa's. They seem to spin very good. Only tried shooting a few, recent shoulder surgery is barely allowing pulling the bow