BHA Supporting Legislation Outlawing the Sale of Information on Big Game Locations

If this is truly a case of the feds wrongly mismanaging public access, I hope Buzz was right about having the right people on it. Be great to see it go through and won for the public Hopefully it will set a precedent.

MtGomer

WKR
If this is truly a case of the feds wrongly mismanaging public access, I hope Buzz was right about having the right people on it. Be great to see it go through and won for the public Hopefully it will set a precedent.

From what I (land surveyor turned right of way/land agent) know about it, it truly is.
Prescriptive rights are legitimate claims.

Grover

FNG
People that would buy or sell a location are certifiable dipshits, no doubt.
But I’d like to see BHA dedicate their time to something more meaningful, like sue one of the dozens of landowners illegally blocking public roads or trails that lead to our public lands.
A fraction of the $250k they spent on TV commercials against Ryan Zinke could have went a long way to access issues that would directly benefit the members.
Is BHA taking a position on Phillips (D-Bozeman) bill to ban wolf hunting in Montana hunting districts 313 and 316, in the Beartooth Wilderness(our public land)?
I’m genuinely asking, as I dont know. Anybody?
Can’t stand devisive comments like this and the name calling is childish. I just wrote a check yesterday to We Scout 4 U and this “dipshit” does not shre your opinion.

I have hunted for 47 years, all straight DIY. I have taught my 2 sons everything I know about hunting, including ethics. Frankly, I am not a very good hunter and never have been but it is still my #1 passion. Yes, I scout multiple times every year. I spend hundreds of hours pouring over maps and google earth. I have never had the money to afford a guided hunt but have been able to scrape enough money over time to buy top quality gear so that I can increase my odds by spiking out in the backcountry. No, I didn’t hire them to kill a trophy animal or to put me on a particular animal. I hired them so that they could help me find an area that gives me a better opportunity to see more animals.

BTW, I hired a trainer to help me lose weight the last couple of years because they know more than me. A few years back, I hired a golf coach because I couldn’t break 90 w/o some help. In both cases, I still had to put the work in. A lot of work....I see this as no different. I’m not naive. Getting a map from a service guarantees absolutely nothing. I still need to invest in my own gear, be committed enough to be in shape to hike in there, have the patience to glass and the skills to find an animal, put the off season time in to be able to shoot out to my 300 yard limit and be flexible enough to move to an entirely different spot if the area they show me isn’t producing.
Lastly,’ the single overriding reason that spurred me to write the check was that both of my sons are starting to lose interest in the sport. It’s tough for them to go 3 or 4 seasons in a row without firing a shot. I could care less if I ever kill anything again but the time the 3 of us spend in a tent on top of a mountain is precious. If this scouting service can help me keep their interest for less than the cost of a Stone Glacier pack and a Kuiu sleeping bag I’m all in.

Michael54

WKR
Can’t stand devisive comments like this and the name calling is childish. I just wrote a check yesterday to We Scout 4 U and this “dipshit” does not shre your opinion.

I have hunted for 47 years, all straight DIY. I have taught my 2 sons everything I know about hunting, including ethics. Frankly, I am not a very good hunter and never have been but it is still my #1 passion. Yes, I scout multiple times every year. I spend hundreds of hours pouring over maps and google earth. I have never had the money to afford a guided hunt but have been able to scrape enough money over time to buy top quality gear so that I can increase my odds by spiking out in the backcountry. No, I didn’t hire them to kill a trophy animal or to put me on a particular animal. I hired them so that they could help me find an area that gives me a better opportunity to see more animals.

BTW, I hired a trainer to help me lose weight the last couple of years because they know more than me. A few years back, I hired a golf coach because I couldn’t break 90 w/o some help. In both cases, I still had to put the work in. A lot of work....I see this as no different. I’m not naive. Getting a map from a service guarantees absolutely nothing. I still need to invest in my own gear, be committed enough to be in shape to hike in there, have the patience to glass and the skills to find an animal, put the off season time in to be able to shoot out to my 300 yard limit and be flexible enough to move to an entirely different spot if the area they show me isn’t producing.
Lastly,’ the single overriding reason that spurred me to write the check was that both of my sons are starting to lose interest in the sport. It’s tough for them to go 3 or 4 seasons in a row without firing a shot. I could care less if I ever kill anything again but the time the 3 of us spend in a tent on top of a mountain is precious. If this scouting service can help me keep their interest for less than the cost of a Stone Glacier pack and a Kuiu sleeping bag I’m all in.
No need to justify yourself man. We all hunt for our own reasons, our own way, and on our own terms. Enjoy your time with your kids and make memories that you and them will have forever. Good luck on your upcoming hunt hopefully you post how it goes and i can read about it!

MtGomer

WKR

With that long of a post to explain it, it’s obvious I’m not the one that you’re trying to convince. Good luck.