Billings Mt

Headed to Billings to check it out, I have a good job offer there and am wanting opinions on the city and also fun things for the family to do while there. Also any food or drink spots would be great. Thanks for any info

Mt Al

WKR
Great place, underappreciated for hunting and fishing just like Great Falls. Like every mid-sized city/town there are bad places and good directly reflected on home prices. I'm biased to the NorthWest part of Billings - because that's where I grew up! But plenty of nice places to live in Billings. I'm not up on good places to eat, am partial to Rio Sabinas because it's close to where I visit when I go there.

For fun things to do I'm also not familair recently, but I always seemed to leave town towards Red Lodge skiing, anywhere in the Yellowstone or Yellowtail Dam to fish, 10 - 50 miles in any direction to bird hunt.

IMHO, a great place to raise a family in an established vs. trendy town with huge outdoor opportunities all around.

grfox92

WKR
I live in Wyoming, but visit Billings regularly for the shopping.

Everything you could ever need is there.

Regarding the food...... it sucks. I haven't eaten everywhere but I have yet to be blown away by the food anywhere since I moved out west.

We usually eat at Buffalo Wild wings when we are up there. The food is "good" and packing around 3 kids, it's the right environment.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite food spot is Uberbrew. Very good food and drink and family friendly. The chicken sandwich and Bison burger are my favorites.

ewade07

WKR
I live in Billings, grew up just west of town as a kid, have lived here again for the last 4 years. Shoot me a message if you like.

jimh406

WKR
There are a few refinery plants there that seemed to irritate my wife and I in Winter driving through. But was never an issue in Summer. Do look at the climate data to see the weather in Winter as well.

They have some of the more typical type restaurants like Olive Garden and Red Lobster. More upscale restaurants like Montana Rib & Chop House and Jake's Downtown are in the downtown.

The zoo was fun for the grandkids. Little Bighorn battlefield is about 1 hr away. We found it very interesting.

hunterjmj

WKR
We normally go to Billings once a month for a Costco, WinCo, and Walmart run. Great town but it's busy. We almost always eat at the Asian Sea Grill on King Ave. If we're not on a mad dash we'll stop into Scheels and the wife has to get her Target fix. This may seem weird but I like the refinery smell. 🤷‍♂️ Billings has everything and you're not far from a lot of hunting. Good Luck.

S.Clancy

WKR
Grew up 25 min west, went to 6-12th grade there. ALOT more crime now than when I was growing up (grad 2005). Good place to eat, Cia Mambo downtown. There are a ton of breweries worth checking out. I would say to book a float trip on the Yellowstone if you are in town for a couple days but it is still real high.

cgasner1

WKR
Uber brew food kinda went down hill after the new menu. Best steak in town is the rib and chop house about 45 bucks for a rib eye. The road house is pretty good they haven’t raised prices can still east a steak fairly cheap. If you just want lunch try the burger dice or crazy Mary’s. Our housing has gone crazy it’s seems to be slowing down now but the house I bought 10 years ago has gone up about 115% in the last 2 years it’s gone up about 30% you will be hard pressed to find a decent place for under 300k anymore. We have about 6-7 golf courses that’s very popular here. Peck is a couple hours away it has more shore line than the state of California. I work for a utility here in town I’m all over this place every day if you start house shopping and wanna send me a Zillow I have a pretty good idea of most areas for a decent neighborhoods or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't seen the Battle of the Little Bighorn that'd be high on my list. If you have to stop in Hardin (I'd try to avoid it), don't let it ruin you on the area.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I grew up in Eastern Montana, I moved back up here last year, live out between Laurel and Red Lodge so I'm in Billings quite a bit. Food is a touchy subject around my house, we try to avoid eating out because I get pissed when we have to spend money on the terrible food around here. The Divide bar and grill has actually probably been the best place I've had a burger in a while. Cajun Phatty's has been hit or miss, sometimes pretty decent and sometimes not. There's also all the chain places around.

I'd suggest checking out Red Lodge but they're currently trying to put Rock Creek back into Rock Creek. Pompey's Pillar is a cool spot to kill a couple hours on some Lewis and Clark history. Pictograph Cave State Park is another one to kill some time. Neither of those require too much strenuous physical activity.