Bino Harness- what are you taking?

Marsupial harness
- sleek design (I don’t like to feel I have a harness on)
- lots of attachment options
- like the company personally

chism717

FNG
I got a mystery ranch binoculars rug this year and I like it but the magnets absolutely suck. They won't keep the lid shut anymore so it's a dedicated treestand harness now.
That's the 1 issue I have with the T&K gen 1. The tab on the lid has to slide down just right for the magnets to work.

Sitka, couldn't one hand my geovid Rs in and out of the medium marsupial I used since '17. In most ways I preferred the marsupial, but the Sitka does lay flatter on me, instead of tipping away at the top.

woods89

WKR
Standard FHF with the Rick Young deal instead of the straps it came with. Why?
1. RYO is the most comfortable for me, but I also wanted a pouch and don't give a rip which way it opens.
2. Light
3. Cheap (I bought the FHF used, and have several RYOs laying around)
Got any photos? I've been curious about using RYO on a pouch. I currently use the RYO cover but it's a little cumbersome.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Badlands. I got a great deal on it and have never felt there was any reason to change or upgrade other than wanting a different flavor of kool aide. It does everything thing I’d need a bino harness to, hold my binos.

ClayHunts

FNG
I picked up the FHF FOB last month and it is an upgrade from my PRO-M. I’d recommend either one depending on your budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisIN

WKR
Kuiu pro 2019 to fall 2022
Switched to marsupial enclosed for last fall
Sold it and back to the kuiu.
Kuiu still left some things to be desired so I just ordered a muley freak GameChanger I know they are hated on this site but that harness checks about every box I was looking for so we’ll see.

If I could make one it’d be the Kuiu shoulder straps, and material, marsupial lid without magnets, a usable but not bulky front pocket (like the MF has), a back pocket for phone, stretch side pouches for release and wind check. I always run two side pouches. One for rangefinder and the other has miscellaneous depending on the day. That pouch setup was another draw to the MF harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCMCUBIC

WKR
RYO harness and the RYO neoprene cover.
1. Light and simple
2. Sits tight to chest and I can wear a HPG kit bag with it if I wish
3. Easy to 1 hand at shorter ranges - tensioned correctly it steadies bino's while holding bill of cap
......a couple more....
4. Easy to slip arms out and add/remove zippered layers or pack with it hanging from neck
5. Can wear cross body if desired
6. Cheap enough I can set up each pair of bino's so they're always on it
7. Bino's can be put in pack pre/post light or when traveling and take up minimal room while still protected
8. If weather/dust isn't a issue, cover can be taken off easily and put in a pocket

Spoonman

WKR
I have the KUIU large that I carry my 12x50 EL’s and it’s fine. I feel like it does everything I need for a bino harness. I also have a Eberlestock Recon that I just picked up from @Llama32 (great seller by the way) for my 10x42’s. It’s a little bit tight on the binos but overall I like it. I’ve had a Badlands and it was a nice fit but the magnetic close was louder than I like. Also had a Kodiak harness and I liked everything about it but they are just too bulky for me.

CJ19

WKR
I have had the kuiu harness for like 5 or 6 years now. Has been good for my ancient pair of steiners that weigh about 19 lbs.

I was gifted a muley freak harness. Use a T&K rangefinder pouch with it. 10x50's are tight but its worked great for the past couple seasons.

ZCoastie

FNG
I bought some new Sig Zulu6 HDX bino's and they didn't fit in my Marsupial Enclosed harness. So I spent a bit of time researching and really the top choices are very very similar (Marsupial, T&K, Eberlestock, Kuiu, Kifaru, Badlands, etc...). I decided to go with the Badlands X2 (their EZ style didn't have the right size). It should be here later this week to try it out.

Reasons for the X2:
Magnetic lid (no issues with my marsupial, the size/color I needed was out of stock)
Phone pocket
Smaller wings with molle attachments for range finder etc...

d3r1k

FNG
I run the Badlands XR and like it a lot. Binos and range finder in the flip pouches. One zipper pocket holds speed reloads for the muzzleloader, the other side wind indicator, lens pen, etc… The back pouch I can fit my phone or a pistol.

Drenalin

WKR
Thanks! I'd like to try this at some point.
I’d note that the pouch wants to lean toward the front (hence the way I routed the RYO) and the shock cord allows more bounce than the regular harness straps. That said, I don’t really run with this thing on and if I had to for some reason, I guess I’ll hold onto it with my elbows like a chick. This setup is more comfortable for me with and without a backpack on than anything else I’ve tried. And it’s cheap and reversible if you end up not liking it.

Marsupial Gear standard harness with buckle delete and bow hanger hooks
  1. Got it cheap here on the classifieds
  2. Ain't broke
  3. Don't fix it