Bino Harness- what are you taking?

Alaska Guide Creations - Kodiak Cub Max

1. Fully enclosed (no dust)
2. No magnets (no interference with compass on phone)
3. Integrated rangefinder pocket (Vortex Razor 4000 fits in the front zippered pouch w/o adding anything additional to the harness)

Last edited:
I picked up the FHF FOB last month and it is an upgrade from my PRO-M. I’d recommend either one depending on your budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What improvement do you like? I have the Pro-m and am considering upgrading

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
AGC not sure of the name, the 4 pocket one. Fits binos, rangefinder, windicator and headlamp/mouth calls. Also have the holster on the bottom for sidearm.

Probably heavier than newer options, but haven't felt a need to change.

MTHokie

FNG
AGC KISS:
1) not bulky
2) very easily adjustable for differing weather/clothing
3) found it on sale at Black Ovis for $40-50 less than most of these other harnesses sell for.

pirogue

WKR
Marsupial
1. I have an IPhone 15, so not worried about magnet affecting its compass or OnX(magnet stuck to the phone case( for digiscoping doesn’t even bother it)
2. Can depend on size not changing like Kuiu to Kuiu Pro. (Dimensions of a Large should stay the same)
3. Don’t like the restrictive size top of some brands, to prevent finger getting on the lenses if your’re not watching.

dbell

FNG
Lots of threads out there reviewing and trash talking bino harnesses but what I am interested in, what harness are you taking on your hunt this season and the three reasons why.

Alaska Guide Creations
1. Tried and true for me for probably coming up on 10 years. Probably a little less 10 but getting in that neighborhood.
2. They were super reasonable at the time.
3. They fit my Vortex Talons perfectly.

AGC Hybrid Max
Love the zippered pocket on the bottom
Phone pocket on top
Swapped the top buckles out for these little clips that makes it ride about an inch higher.
IMG_20231010_221619_01.jpg

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
AGC Hybrid Max
Love the zippered pocket on the bottom
Phone pocket on top
Swapped the top buckles out for these little clips that makes it ride about an inch higher.
View attachment 617706

Marsupial clips? I just bought them as well and used them the last couple times I went out. Way more comfortable. And rides so much better for me as I also run the holster attachment on the bottom.

Marsupial clips? I just bought them as well and used them the last couple times I went out. Way more comfortable. And rides so much better for me as I also run the holster attachment on the bottom.
I didn't get them from marsupial, but they look like the same clips. Pretty nice upgrade, but on my buddies newer AGC harness it doesn't have the extra tri glide above it to keep it from slipping.

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
Used an AGC for years, no complaints.
Switched to a Sitka, I do like the pouches on both sides and geovid r’s fit in and out nicely.

Alaska Guide Creations Cub Max. Everything needed in one package. No need for silly side pockets on my bino harness spanning my entire chest.

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the HornHunter OP-X combo Bino Harness system for the past couple of years.

1a. Very comfortable. Can adjust them riding high or low as desired.
1b. Harness system allows for binos to drop into case, or if I prefer, allow them to hang right where I want them for quick access.
2. Rangefinder case/side car. Adjustable for LH or RH. Attached/detachable rain cover (so I don't lose the damn thing!)
3. Very solid magnetic cover. Opens and closes easily - and quietly.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Kuiu pro 2019 to fall 2022
Switched to marsupial enclosed for last fall
Sold it and back to the kuiu.
Kuiu still left some things to be desired so I just ordered a muley freak GameChanger I know they are hated on this site but that harness checks about every box I was looking for so we’ll see.

If I could make one it’d be the Kuiu shoulder straps, and material, marsupial lid without magnets, a usable but not bulky front pocket (like the MF has), a back pocket for phone, stretch side pouches for release and wind check. I always run two side pouches. One for rangefinder and the other has miscellaneous depending on the day. That pouch setup was another draw to the MF harness

Agreed. MF is the best design

Eberlestock. I’ve tried most out there and their harness system seems to keep everything in place best. Other systems at least for me slide down and forward and the pouches are always flopping around. I have yet to get a rangefinder pouch so I’ve been using a marsupial on it and I don’t like the bino tethers. Both are minor nits as the harness fit is the biggie for me from there most of the big names that fold forward can be configured about the same so it’s all about fit.