Binos? Around 300

Which Binoculars do you recommend for around the 300 dollar range?

I have vortex crossfire 10x42. Is bumping up to the vortex diamondbacks worth it?

what do you guys recommend?

bielenbm

FNG
I have the diamondbacks they are a fair step up from the crossfire. If you could find a used pair of vipers there would be a hug difference. My buddy and I where shooting at 900 yard at a cliff. What I thought was just a bright spot on the rock was actually water running down. The viper have a much crisper look.

jmav58

WKR
I think what Kotaman meant was, save until you can afford either some mid level binos or alpha glass. Mid level being Razor's, Meopta, maybe Zeiss Conquest. Stuff in the $650-$900 range.

I’m not a hard core optics guy like many on here and ended up purchasing some
Bushnell Engages after reading reviews here and elsewhere from people much more experienced than I with high end glass stating how they were nearly (not all the way) on par with stuff in the $750-1000 range.

I think the real price/performance ratio peaks at about $650-700 on the used market with bins that cost around $1K new. If there is any way you can wait until you reach that, you'll be investing in a pair of Nikon HG's, Meostars, Conquests, Trinovids or Razors that will last you as long as you can imagine.

There are some bins that show up used around $350-400, like the Viper HD's and Meopros that are a pretty good value, but might leave you wanting for more someday.

It really depends on how much you use your binoculars, and how picky you are about image quality.

Having said all that, I keep a clean, older pair of Bushnell Legend (original, not "Ultra HD") 8x32's on the shelf next to my back windows, and I've used them hunting more than once. For a pair I paid $150 for (used), they check a lot of boxes and I'm pretty darn happy with the little guys. I'm not going to rely on them for a 2-week hunt out west, but around the house and local bowhunting trips, they are more than adequate.

Good luck on your search!

If I had to keep it at 300$ and not budge a smidge I’d run the vortex talon HD 10x42. They are Chin Bins but for my eyes they are better then vortex vipers.

that said I think the bushnell legend ultra HD are a step up from what you have and you won’t lose much in the swap and build towards the mid tier used in a bit. Going price is 100$ more or less on used market.

that said I’m pretty happy with sightron blue sky 8x32 for what they are at used prices they are super handy bino’s to have just to have around.