Bino's for past 1000 meters

Hi guys I'm looking at getting a new set of binos for longrange deer hunting. Looking at the Swarovski 15/56 or the Lica 15/56 rangefinder binos. If anyone has had experience with both I'd love to hear your opinion.
Cheers form down under.

Good/tough choices. Either one will be awesome. If you have the chance to pick them up and see which ones fit your hand and your eyes better, that's the way I would go. I have the Swarovskis but you win either way you chose to go.

I would say it depends if you are also shooting them at long range. If you are just spot and stalk hunting then get the swaro. If you need the range built into the bino then go the zeiss. I've got the Swaro's and they are my single most important piece of sambar hunting kit.

I have the Leica hd-b and really like them there built like a tank and optically there top notch , they will only give ballistic data or holdover to 1k but the range finder is super quick and I easily get ranges off hand out to 2 k , I compared these for a couple days against the Swarovski el range , there nice too but I liked these a bit better mainly cause of the ballistic computer , optically after hours of looking through both I couldn't see a difference

If hunting at distance I really prefer using a spotting scope. It allows me to attach my phone scope and record what happened. I'm assuming most often you'll have a spotter(buddy) but especially if you're alone you'll want to be able to review your shot and see where you hit, how'd the animal react and where it went. I almost always have a spotter (other person) but last year got into a spot where I was alone and got on an elk at 942 yards. I made the shot and the elk didn't react like I'd hit it well or at all, this was with a 338 Lapua Imp. Luckily I had my spotting scope set up recording and I was able to review the shot. Good hit just a little high. Went over two canyons to recover and found no blood or hair from bullet exiting but a dead elk 40 yards straight down the hill from where I hit her, didn't catch a single rib on the way in or out.

Back