BIPODS- A busy market now!

Dobermann

WKR
So which bipod(s) do you think strike a middle good ground between features/design, weight and cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is pretty subjective, and everyone's use case, experiences, preferences - and style of shooting with bipod - will vary.

Having said that, I know @THLR has use the NeoPod, and another one that has the apex over bore that, from memory, last I looked up, was either not available, or hard to get shipped out of Europe.

For me, at this point in time:
  • For ultralight weight, but no long-distance shots (due to play in design, which I dislike and distrust): Spartan Javelin
  • Not as lightweight, but better recoil control and longer shots - with apex over bore, so better recoil control: Tier One Evolution Carbon 230 mm - *first gen*. Their second gen bipods are not as good of a design, and the carbon is heaveier the first gen with aluminium legs. On the first gen, the legs quick deploy like a
  • For field shooting - the TBAC Bipod is lower profile than the Tier One and slightly less weight.
But this is fairly limited use so far, and everyone's mileage may vary.

One thing I can say is that I had the Ckyepod and the slop was horrible. CS tried to tell me I needed to pull it apart to corect this myself, but the complexity of what they were suggesting was beyond what should be expected for something straight from the factory. The poor quality control combined with MDT's poor customer service had me not wanting to look at their bipods again for a long time.