Bivy....loops on corners to stake bivy down?

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to get a bug bivy. Saw a few comments on guys having loops sewn into their bivy corners to stake it out. I'm going to be using this with a quilt and pad, under a tarp or in Cimarron.

Just wondering if staking out the bivy is a better option or not. First time using one, so not sure if this is an issue or not.

Being able to stake your bivy (if you have room) is a great way to keep your bivy from sliding down the mountain. I personally love my loops.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
For sure get the tie outs. I've got 2 TiGoat bivys without and I love the bivys but the 2 things Id add would be bug netting and tie outs . I'm a flip-flop sleeper and if my Redcliffe isn't zipped closed I might wake in a location farther down hill than I started.

oldgoat

WKR
Being able to stake your bivy (if you have room) is a great way to keep your bivy from sliding down the mountain. I personally love my loops.
This, but make sure you stake more than just one end, or you might start sliding and rip the end of your bivy off, don't ask how I know this!

colonel00

WKR
Yeah, I think they are a must. I rarely ever use my bivys because they don't have stake loops and they slide all over the place.

dog812

WKR
I hand stitched a gutted paracord loop on The corners of my bivy's , basically free, weighs nothing, works.