Blinds

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for everyone’s favorite blind for archery antelope hunting. Whether it’s plywood or a pop up I want some opinions.

jdoyle243

FNG
Looking for everyone’s favorite blind for archery antelope hunting. Whether it’s plywood or a pop up I want some opinions.
If hunting next to water holes, I'd recommend a pop up. Portable and more likely to allow airflow so you don't die of a heat stroke. Primo's see through blinds are a cool option for this, any of their double bull series for that matter. If using a bow just be sure to test how much room you need to draw and comfortably shoot. I missed a nice speed goat one year because of a terrible shot on my part with my stabilizer touching the front of the blind, arrow flew like a dying duck.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I like the pop ups with more of a matte finish and loops for affixing brush. I have owned several brands over the years. Seems like Primos holds up well. The one I use most at lately I believe is a rhino brand.

OP
EricBender208

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
If hunting next to water holes, I'd recommend a pop up. Portable and more likely to allow airflow so you don't die of a heat stroke. Primo's see through blinds are a cool option for this, any of their double bull series for that matter. If using a bow just be sure to test how much room you need to draw and comfortably shoot. I missed a nice speed goat one year because of a terrible shot on my part with my stabilizer touching the front of the blind, arrow flew like a dying duck.
Idk what brand of blind I used last year but it was that same kinda thing. Stabilizer too long, blind too small. Do that pop ups handle well over long time periods? I don’t plan on moving the blind from hole to hole, but rather setting up 2 or 3 on some private property i have permission on.

OP
EricBender208

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
I like the pop ups with more of a matte finish and loops for affixing brush. I have owned several brands over the years. Seems like Primos holds up well. The one I use most at lately I believe is a rhino brand.
Have you had one setups for two or three weeks at a time? That’s my initial plan, leave it a week before season, then picking it up on the last day.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
Yes, up to about a month some years. I use 10” landscaping spikes instead of the chinsy little ones that come with the blind.

Leaving the blind can be risky if there are cows around if you don’t plan for that as well as severe storms. I’ve had a blind collapse due to severe wind but the stakes held. I’ve also had to build a temporary fence to guard against cows.

My current blind has suffered some UV damage from being out in the sun but it is still functional.

jdoyle243

FNG
Idk what brand of blind I used last year but it was that same kinda thing. Stabilizer too long, blind too small. Do that pop ups handle well over long time periods? I don’t plan on moving the blind from hole to hole, but rather setting up 2 or 3 on some private property i have permission on.
That would depend on the material being used. If planning on leaving them out for extended periods then I’d build a more permanent structure. I have only used those primos 365 vision blinds for 2 years so I can attest to their longevity.

jdoyle243

FNG
That would depend on the material being used. If planning on leaving them out for extended periods then I’d build a more permanent structure. I have only used those primos 365 vision blinds for 2 years so I can attest to their longevity.
*can’t attest

pirogue

WKR
Don’t think it was mentioned above, but I prefer vertical windows for archery, and there is not many models to choose from anymore. May limit your field of shooting range for some scenarios, but blinds are normally used with a target area defined, anyway.

OP
EricBender208

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t think it was mentioned above, but I prefer vertical windows for archery, and there is not many models to choose from anymore. May limit your field of shooting range for some scenarios, but blinds are normally used with a target area defined, anyway.
totally agree.