blood stained game bags

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
Got mine soaking right now been in there 2 days, was thing about washing in cold water cycle through the machine?

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t put any detergent into the soak. I have agitated by hand then drain the water and refill fresh water for another day then put it in the washer.

Fowl Play

WKR
For anything blood soaked. Get a couple bottles of the typical 3% peroxide solution and a sprayer. Spray down everything heavily. Let that soak for a couple hours. (Game bags are so small you can just soak it in peroxide directly). Then let it soak in a heavy solution of water and oxiclean for another day. Than thoroughly rinse it and let it air dry. I do that method for my clothes and backpack and they come out great. If you don’t care about light stains on game bags you can skip the peroxide step.

Never had peroxide affect colors. Oxiclean comes in a color safe version and a version with bleach. Be careful which one you use based on your application.

Last edited:
Peroxide for 10 minutes will help get those stains out, just don’t leave it in any longer or it could damage the bag.

I hose them off on the fence and throw them in the washing machine with a splash of bleach.

Last edited:

Spike elk

WKR
Rinse and spin and then a normal wash. Make sure to get it done when the wife isn't around!

For anything blood soaked. Get a couple bottles of the typical 3% peroxide solution and a sprayer. Spray down everything heavily. Let that soak for a couple hours. (Game bags are so small you can just soak it in peroxide directly). Then let it soak in a heavy solution of water and oxiclean for another day. Than thoroughly rinse it and let it air dry. I do that method for my clothes and backpack and they come out great. If you don’t care about light stains on game bags you can skip the peroxide step.

Never had peroxide affect colors. Oxiclean comes in a color safe version and a version with bleach. Be careful which one you use based on your application.
Since you mentioned your clothes and backpack, oxiclean contains UV brighteners. FYI

taskswap

WKR
One pro tip I picked up from a buddy. After getting my bags clean (wash in washer on hot with a bit of bleach to sanitize them) I fold them neatly, stack a pair of nitrile gloves and two sheets of paper towel on top... then put them in my vacuum sealer! This makes a nice, compact package that's airtight and ready to go for next season, and when I need to throw them in my pack next year they take less space that way. It seems so obvious but it's really handy.

go_deep

WKR
One pro tip I picked up from a buddy. After getting my bags clean (wash in washer on hot with a bit of bleach to sanitize them) I fold them neatly, stack a pair of nitrile gloves and two sheets of paper towel on top... then put them in my vacuum sealer! This makes a nice, compact package that's airtight and ready to go for next season, and when I need to throw them in my pack next year they take less space that way. It seems so obvious but it's really handy.
I like it, I like it a lot!

That's a real pro tip right there kids!