BOAL encounter…what would have you done?

amassi

WKR
That thing is HUGE! My wife told me there’s zero chance I’m putting a lion up there. I’d do it while she was at work. Badass!

If you do it a hidden camera for the reveal p&ty
I’m sure we could crowd find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewade07

WKR
I know the feeling of blowing your chance on a true giant. I had a perfect shot at a main frame 6x7. Biggest bull I will ever see in the wild. Ever. And I’ve had encounters with big bulls. Broad side. 30 yards. With a trad bow. The whole thing is like slow motion in my mind. He jumped the string and my arrow sailed over his back into the dirt behind him.

The funny thing is I wasn’t even mad. He bested me and at that moment I gained a huge amount of respect for those animals.

Sucks that your experience didn’t turn out different, but just to have an encounter with a bull like that when you have a weapon in your hand is more than most will ever get to experience. Chalk it up for a win.
I sent an arrow over the back of a 370"+ bull this last weekend from 50 yds. For about the next hour i wanted to just quit bow hunting. Ill have the vision of my green lighted nock inching over his back nurned into my memory until next year, or forever. I just flat out blew the shot, plain and simple.

But you are right, not many people have the chance to say Yea, ive been within bow range of a BC elk. That damn bull was glorious man. Its all a learning experience too, so now i know what i need to do to prepare for the next time.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I sent an arrow over the back of a 370"+ bull this last weekend from 50 yds. For about the next hour i wanted to just quit bow hunting. Ill have the vision of my green lighted nock inching over his back nurned into my memory until next year, or forever. I just flat out blew the shot, plain and simple.

But you are right, not many people have the chance to say Yea, ive been within bow range of a BC elk. That damn bull was glorious man. Its all a learning experience too, so now i know what i need to do to prepare for the next time.
You win. Your story is worse than mine. I might have cried. 😂

ewade07

WKR
You win. Your story is worse than mine. I might have cried. 😂
I was pretty damn close, trust me. Thought about just walking my ass back to the truck too and calling it a trip. We trailed him for another mile or so but never caught up to him again.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I was pretty damn close, trust me. Thought about just walking my ass back to the truck too and calling it a trip. We trailed him for another mile or so but never caught up to him again.
Elk are huge. That’s like a 20”x20” target. How did you miss that bad?!!! You must really suck. 😝 😂

ewade07

WKR
Elk are huge. That’s like a 20”x20” target. How did you miss that bad?!!! You must really suck. 😝 😂
Extreme downhill shot from sitting position. He was behind the roll of a hill, the arrow would have dropped right in but my mind was telling me otherwise. I should have made the shot but unfortunately I didn’t. Now I know I need to practice those shots. But hey, thanks for the encouragement 👍

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Extreme downhill shot from sitting position. He was behind the roll of a hill, the arrow would have dropped right in but my mind was telling me otherwise. I should have made the shot but unfortunately I didn’t. Now I know I need to practice those shots. But hey, thanks for the encouragement 👍
That’s the toughest shot in archery. Shooting over something that you can see in your line of sight just messes with your head. I hate those shots, I always shoot high!

And I was just busting your balls! 😜

ewade07

WKR
That’s the toughest shot in archery. Shooting over something that you can see in your line of sight just messes with your head. I hate those shots, I always shoot high!

And I was just busting your balls! 😜
Yea, still a shot that i should have been able to make. But now i know i need to practice that shot for the future!

I know you were just joking my man, no hurt feeling here!