BOAL encounter…what would have you done?

Geewhiz

WKR
I know the feeling of blowing your chance on a true giant. I had a perfect shot at a main frame 6x7. Biggest bull I will ever see in the wild. Ever. And I’ve had encounters with big bulls. Broad side. 30 yards. With a trad bow. The whole thing is like slow motion in my mind. He jumped the string and my arrow sailed over his back into the dirt behind him.

The funny thing is I wasn’t even mad. He bested me and at that moment I gained a huge amount of respect for those animals.

Sucks that your experience didn’t turn out different, but just to have an encounter with a bull like that when you have a weapon in your hand is more than most will ever get to experience. Chalk it up for a win.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I know the feeling of blowing your chance on a true giant. I had a perfect shot at a main frame 6x7. Biggest bull I will ever see in the wild. Ever. And I’ve had encounters with big bulls. Broad side. 30 yards. With a trad bow. The whole thing is like slow motion in my mind. He jumped the string and my arrow sailed over his back into the dirt behind him.

The funny thing is I wasn’t even mad. He bested me and at that moment I gained a huge amount of respect for those animals.

Sucks that your experience didn’t turn out different, but just to have an encounter with a bull like that when you have a weapon in your hand is more than most will ever get to experience. Chalk it up for a win.
I’ve thought about that. How many people truly stand within bow range of a B and C bull. An absolute giant. It doesn’t help. I’m still pissed I was a pussy. 😂

sndmn11

WKR
Looks more like a shrine to me.

View attachment 607393
He used to have a handful of 60" pronghorn up there that all took two-plus shots from the magnums. Must have taken them down for the Better Homes and Gardens photo shoot.

Double tapping a virgin pronghorn is where the hamburger skills were learned from necessity. I worry with the season coming up that he is going to hang his carcass tag on a coyote because of the same relative size; it has kept me up the last few nights.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
He used to have a handful of 60" pronghorn up there that all took two-plus shots from the magnums. Must have taken them down for the Better Homes and Gardens photo shoot.

Double tapping a virgin pronghorn is where the hamburger skills were learned from necessity.

None of mine still had their baby velvet on their horns and balls!