Book Recommendations

LostArra

WKR
I forgot another good one that should be required reading for all Texans to learn why there is a sea wall in Galveston

Isaac's Storm by Erik Larson

Read what happens with no weather channel and American hubris at it's worst.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
Point my horses to the north. Forget author but fun read.

Upstream- again forget author

Mad trapper rat river- ""

3 years in a twelve foot boat

Mountain in the clouds

Let the river do the work

Tiger

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
“At odds with progress” by Bret Wallach. Also his other book “a world made for money” very easy to read with lots of good information on the conservation movements and land use.

blkntancj

FNG
I'm about halfway through "Theodore Rex", its the second book in a three book biography of Theodore Roosevelt. Lengthy (the first book was 962 pages and this one is 794 pages) but very interesting.

Jameson

FNG
Alaska Raw written by Bob Lacher. It’s a bunch of stories of his crazy hunting adventures in Alaska. It’s a good read.

work765

WKR
I just read David Goggins book. Cant hurt me.
It’s a decent read if you feel like being motivated. Ultra marathoner, navy seal, world
Record holder, and all kinds of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti406

WKR
Another vote for the Joe Pickett series by C.J. Box.

“I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell” is also an entertaining page turner, but is in no way outdoor related.

Deep survival: who lives, who dies, and why.
By: laurance Gonzales

It's about how even trained people make deadly mistakes and die while people with no training at all are somehow able to survive.

nc358007

FNG
The Frontiersman by Allan Eckert
Chronicles the lives of both Simon Kenton and Tecumseh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Austink47

WKR
The adventures life of a vagabond hunter by Sten Cedergrn. If you can find a copy for a reasonable price. Africa from the perspective of the PH not the client.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If looking for a light read: Team Bad Decision: An Evolutionary Tale In Backcountry Hunting

It is tales of various hunts of a couple guys as the got into back country hunting over the years complete with plenty of self depreciation. I read most of the book in an early iteration as he was writing it, I bought a copy of the finished book that recently came out but haven't had time to read it it all yet.

MT257

WKR
I will also recommend the C.J. Box series. Another one I would recommend is the book called A Hunt for Justice, takes place in the Brooks Range covering an undercover agent in a poaching case.