Boot question

Jdtidmore

FNG
I’m in search of a new hiker style boot. I’ve invested in multiple Crispi styles in the past and they just simply do not fit my foot well. Most of my hunting is in flatter ground, Eastern WY, SE MT, SD and mostly day hunting, so not handling a ton of weight. Opinions on the Keen Targhee iii or the Salomon Quest or other suggestion

Me and some buddies really like the salewa mountain trainer 2. They arent the toughest most durable boot. They are light and flexible but stable enough to keep my ankles from over working. and they have held up fine for what I use them for. best part is you can find them on sale often for under 200 bucks.

Ive run Keens and Salomons both and they were ok till they weren't. My brother has had good luck with the Quests for two years and he puts a lot of mileage on them. I got two seasons out of each in the elk woods. I did switch to Crispi's this year and they work well for me.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
Me and some buddies really like the salewa mountain trainer 2. They arent the toughest most durable boot. They are light and flexible but stable enough to keep my ankles from over working. and they have held up fine for what I use them for. best part is you can find them on sale often for under 200 bucks.
I picked up a pair of the Mountain Trainer Lite Mids this summer and love them. Great flexibility, but my ankles don’t feel like they’re going to roll in them. I’ve done a few heavy rucks in them and no issues at all.

Solomon Quests are great. I’ve worn these boots at work for years. They won’t be as durable, but you will still get a lot of use out of them before they break down.

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
How is the waterproofing on the Salomon’s?
Terrible. The most waterproof boot ive owner was the LL BEAN cresta hiker. Its all leather with goretex and i applied wax to it. Its also very heavy but i enjoy it. Fwiw i dont like crispi either.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had really good luck with the waterproofing on all of mine. They’ve been soaked, but my feet have never been wet in them.