Boot recommendations needed

kenetreks work great for me. I wear the fire boots for work and have a pair of the 400 and 1000 gram insulated for hunting. they are my favorite boots by far. good socks make a big difference too.

I love the kenetrek mountain extremes 400. I have had no issues whatsoever, and I use them from early to late seasons. They are the first serious hunting boot that I tried, and see no reason to switch to anything else.

Deucebump

WKR
Ive worn out a pair of each of Meindl, Crispi, and Kenetrek boots. The Kenetrek ME 400s have been the best, longest lasting and with the least amount of break in period of any I have used. I will stick with them from here on out until they change the current boot.

Also Ill 2nd the comment about good socks (and a liner sock). I also generally stick with 400 gram boots for just about everything.

My flatland boots are a pair of Danner's, but I have a couple of years experience with the Zamberlan Saguaro (uninsulated) in the Colorado mountains. Looking to add a pair of Zamberlan insulated boots to the hunting wardrobe this year given my experience with the uninsulated set. The Zams have a rocker that helps propel the foot forward, which I find helpful with mountain trails. The support of the boot is stiff without being restrictive, and there isn't any give with a loaded pack. I put some miles on before I took them to the mountains, but I they felt great out of the box.

woz18

FNG
Zamberlin Baltoro Lite.. I have used those last 2 years.. Been a great boot.

street

WKR
I wore out Crispi Thor's, Couple hundred miles; tread was still pretty good. Now I have Crispi CO II's - so far so good. Nice middle of the road stiffness and support for me. Comes in wide which I like for my feet.

Fordguy

WKR
I've got 2.5 years on a set of Cabela's iron ridge boots that I bought for my last Wyoming trip. Longest hikes I've worn them on might have been 6 miles. They've been through fall/winter/spring hunting seasons in several states and are still going strong. Clean with a damp towel and mink oil every once in a while is all the care they've received. I also wear them as general purpose boots. Zero complaints for the price.
They'd handle the parts of Nebraska I've hiked around in with no problem (near Kearney).

Can’t go wrong with Danner! Been using their patrol boots for my line of work for years and they’ve done their job plus some. I’ve had one of their hiking boots and it’s been great. I think it’s one of the cheaper end models; maybe the Vital hiking boot.

ahansel

FNG
Mammut Taiss Light Mid GTX Mountaineering boot is my boot of choice. Lighter than most of the Crispi/Schnees (which I've used) and with more ankle & sole support.

rubio52

FNG
I got a pair of crispi birksdal,had them for a few months now. By far best boot i have had. Excellent ankle support

Jake195

FNG
Used a pair of Crispi Valdres this year and was very impressed. Breathed well in pretty warm weather and had great ankle support.

Mosby

WKR
I have both Lowa's and Zamberlain boots. The Zamberlain's are insulated for late season hunting and are not as stiff as my Lowa Tibet's. I have a wide foot and both are comfortable. I would recommend either boot.

inkedspot

FNG
Meindl comfort hiker, and vakuum hunter have been great. Have put a lot of miles on the comfort hiker. Recently got a pair of Schnee Granite Pro for a more extreme terrain usage and have been breaking them in. They feel great, but I do have to Leukotape a couple of spots on my feet to wear them. Hopefully that will go away as they get fully broken in.

mcseal2

WKR
Its all about what fits you best.

For me Kennetrek just fit. I was lucky enough to get a used broke-in pair for my first ones. My current pair is the Mountain Guide with the more aggressive sole. They fit right from the box and although they are not fully broke in, they are comfortable.

I run the un-insulated ones. For warm dry hunts and flatter ground the Salomon 4D boots have worked well. They are not waterproof at all. I have a pair of Crispi boots and I went a half size bigger and they are still narrow. They work fine if I Leukotape my big toes before the hunt.

Another vote for Crispi Briksdal. I wear them for Wisconsin Whitetail as well as Colorado Mulies and Elk.
Don't forget good socks and a liner!

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up some zamberlan guides this fall. I was leery at first if they would fell good when broken in and I'm now super happy with them.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Going to have to give the kennetrek a try. I’ve tried on several crispi’s and never felt they’d be a boot I’d like. I’ve worn Asolo in the past and they were ok. Currently have some cabelas meindl that are also just ok.