Crispi Hunter GTX 12"

WCB94

FNG
Hey all -

I am wondering if anyone has personal experience hunting in Colorado Septembers with the Crispi Hunter GTX 12's with 200g insulation. The area I hunt is very marshy, has a lot of river/stream crossings, and last year, my beloved Crispi Attiva Mid GTX boots did great, but got wet crossing streams. I'm seriously considering these Hunter GTX's due to the 12' clearance, but the insulation is giving me doubts. My feet tend to get a bit chilly, particularly in cool, wet areas, but I don't want to trade that for sweaty and cold. To clarify - I did NOT have water penetrate my boots, I found shallow water to cross, but my feet got cool sitting the marshy stuff that I was in. I also had water creep up my pant legs, and I was thinking that the 12" clearance would be nice for tucking my pant legs into... Any advice will be much appreciated!

I would guess they would be too warm. My Hanwags with the Goretex comfort lining are too warm at times in Canadian winter.

Some lightweight gaiters might help out as well. I had exclusively used them in snow until this spring, and I was pretty happy with a pair of the short, lightweight Kenetrek hiking gaiters.

gaiters but also if you are not packing in or packing in very far why not take two pairs of boots? Have the best of both worlds.

the insulation would be too hot midday if you are hiking around but morning and late day hunts you might like the insulation. you can also just wear wool socks for warmth in the non-insulated boots too.

I own a pair of the Crispi Hunter 12". I have loved everything about them so far, especially the waterproof capabilities. I have waded through countless creeks, and found out that up to the top two inches they are just as good as muck boots. The only downside I found is that a four flex is too stiff for me for most applications.