Boots when things get cold

Lenz heated socks work great if you want to keep using hiking boots. Second MT Warden that Schnees Hunter pac boots are great in cold and snow.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I use the 200g Beartooths when it starts to get around freezing temps, but when there’s a bunch of snow out I use the taller 13” hunter II packs from Schnee’s. Love them, and I skip gainters while using them.

TXCO

WKR
Im in the same boat. My go to boots are the same uninsulated beartooths. I have an upcoming 4th season hunt and cant decide what to do. I would only need real cold weather boots every few years (mostly archery hunt) and for some whitetail tree sits. I was going to buy a set of 200 beartooths but schnees wont put them on sale. Now Im leaning towards a good set of pac boots from either schnees or hoffmans. Or the hoffman 400 hiking boat. Gonna be a tough call. That being said, planning to be do some hiking and a lot of glassing, so what do yall think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt think I would use my hoffman pacs all that often either but like I've stated in a few post already they get used from October to March every year now and I dont understand how I've gone without them for as long as I did the 12" guides are a great boot the cowboy packers are as well
Im in the same boat. My go to boots are the same uninsulated beartooths. I have an upcoming 4th season hunt and cant decide what to do. I would only need real cold weather boots every few years (mostly archery hunt) and for some whitetail tree sits. I was going to buy a set of 200 beartooths but schnees wont put them on sale. Now Im leaning towards a good set of pac boots from either schnees or hoffmans. Or the hoffman 400 hiking boat. Gonna be a tough call. That being said, planning to be do some hiking and a lot of glassing, so what do yall think?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pacs are kind of like studded tires, you may not need them a lot, but when you do- you really need them. Unlike studded tires, they're easy to put on and don't take much room in the closet :D

I really love my lacrosse rubber boots when things get nasty cold. There comfortable enough to do a bit of hiking in. 1000G of insulation