Borka torque driver question

fwafwow

WKR
I tried this in the optics thread without any success - so hoping for some input here. I'm almost set on the "standard" Borka Torque Driver (BTD) "standard" kit, as I doubt I need much of what comes with the three higher "expanded" options. The one thing that has me wondering - how many people who have the Borka tools have and use the 4 in lb and 8 in lb Precision Torque Limiters (PTLs) for scope turret screws? I saw the video that says NF recommends the 4 In lbs, but do people use these or just go finger tight?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I don't have the limiters and just go finger tight on scope turret screws. I'm guessing most other people do the same given the lack of responses. I probably over torque my turret screws, has anyone ever actually had a problem from doing it?

The Borka torque wrench is really nice though.

Last edited:
OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Well, I don't have the limiters and just go finger tight on scope turret screws. I'm guessing most other people do the same given the lack of responses. I probably over torque my turret screws, has anyone ever actually had a problem from doing it?

The Borka torque wrench is really nice though.
I figured as much and went ahead and ordered (and received) the standard kit. I haven’t used it yet, but will do so soon. The tools do seem very nice.

I’ve never messed with scope turret screws.
And if this is off topic I can delete. Don’t want to mess up your thread.

This winter after just buying our first house and wanting to get some tools to round out my workstation, I went down the torque wrench rabbit hole and eventually found myself being a tightass.
I bought a neiko beam torque set from Amazon and an adapter and then a 100pc set from Menards and I can torque about anything I need to with my guns/bows. Almost exactly same torque as my buddies wheeler FAT wrench when I wanted test it too.

Neiko 03727A 1/4-Inch-Drive Beam... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FMXEWQC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

11f92c87ebddec6e29bdca71e6b815d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk