Bosque Del Oso GMU 851 Colorado

Woitey

FNG
CPW let me know that I was next in line on a turned in tag for Mule deer. I purchased the tag. I have never hunted the GMU, are there any decent Muleys on this SWA?

Hunterbug

FNG
We saw some nice mulies there last year while hunting elk. I know that Dylan, the wildlife tech for the area, filled his archery deer tag last year. Good luck.

I hunted second season last year for mule deer. Pm me and I’ll send you my number.

Last edited:

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought Bob retired? My two biggest pieces of advice would be to understand the regulations specific to that swa, and to scout it.

sndmn11

WKR
I thought Bob retired? My two biggest pieces of advice would be to understand the regulations specific to that swa, and to scout it.

I talked to him in Feb/March 2020 about this deer tag. That was the first and last time I talked to him but he was a lot of help, but surely could have retired since then.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I talked to him in Feb/March 2020 about this deer tag. That was the first and last time I talked to him but he was a lot of help, but surely could have retired since then.
He’s a great guy for sure, my father in-law somewhat stayed in touch with him as he’s filled a few tags in there. I’ll double check with him.

Op, if you do get in touch with Bob make sure to express you’ve done some homework already. He might play hard to get at first.