Bought more arrows, but they aren’t the same length. Thoughts?

When I first got my bow I went to a local sporting goods shop, and picked up a package of 6 Easton 6.5 bowhunter arrows. These came in a box, and had inserts glued in from the factory. The box stated the arrows were 30”.

Fast forward to yesterday, I’m up north setting up deer stands and decide to head to a large outdoors shop because it’s in the area. They had the same arrows, but not pre-packed. They said they would cut them to match. Ok. I told them what I had and that they were 30”.

I get home and compare and not only are the inserts a different length, but the shaft is around a 1/4” longer on the new arrows as well. What should I do?

Picture below for reference. Orange insert is the newer version. I will be back at the same store today, so I’m thinking I might just have them cut me 6 more, and then stop using the original pre-made ones. Thoughts?

TIA

6f08eb643b7002e62a90026975807b16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly they'll fly just about identical, especially within 40 yards.

The length difference is negligible. The orange inserts are CB RPS (26grs) and the silver ones are CB (21grs). Again, neglibile. For confidence, stick with one for your final practice and hunting.

But I'd still shoot the other ones for normal practice and just shoot them all together and see if you have any difference in point of impact (I doubt you will!)

they will fly the same, shoot them. if you're worried, take the nock out and cut the 1/4 off the back.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Find a drill bit just small enough to fit inside the shaft, lift it up about waist high and flick it to the ground. It'll knock the inserts out and you can trim the arrows and install matching inserts.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
One of the reasons to buy full length shafts and cut and fletch your own. Other wise, at least take the old one with you, so they can set the saw to the exact same. Some measure from bottom of valley of the nock, some carbon to carbon. Looks as though that may have been the difference in your case.

Yoder

WKR
I would worry more about the weight of the insert than the arrow length.

tdoublev

FNG
As others said, it will be pretty negligible unless you are an elite level shooter. The difference in inserts is the main difference which you should always be aware of when picking new arrows. But as an FYI - there are different ‘standards’ for measuring arrow length. Some will measure it as carbon to carbon (CTC) which is the length of the arrow shaft without any parts, others will measure from the throat of the nock to the front of the carbon. That isn’t what happened here since it’s such a small difference but definitely understand how they are measuring for any future arrows you get made.