Bourbon

matthewmt

WKR
Bench mark!

Highly recommend everyone going to the Buffalo trace distillery tour, if you are into bourbon. It is very insightful as to how much bs hype is around bourbon currently.
Benchmark and ancient ancient age! Very old Barton is 1 we use for old fashions and whiskey sours often too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I guess I don’t know what I like, did an inventory recently putting everything into an app, I have 267 options.

I would say KC12 and Rebel 10yr seem to stand out to me as I have 10 bottles of one and 7 of the other but for a daily it’s hard to beat OGD114.

slvrslngr

WKR
My wife put together a whiskey advent calendar for me this holiday season, basically she just bought a bunch of mini bottles and wrapped them up. The clear winner was the New Riff.

My go to is either Old Grand Dad BiB, Evan Williams BiB or Cooper Craft, but there’s so much good stuff out there I hate to limit myself. 😁

tdhanses

WKR
My wife put together a whiskey advent calendar for me this holiday season, basically she just bought a bunch of mini bottles and wrapped them up. The clear winner was the New Riff.

My go to is either Old Grand Dad BiB, Evan Williams BiB or Cooper Craft, but there’s so much good stuff out there I hate to limit myself. 😁
That is the problem, way too many good options, I wish the options would be reduced and more of the good ones be readily available. I have had a few that I couldn’t even drink and had to dump out as I don’t do mixers, room temp neat only.

CDS8034

FNG
A lot of good options. I enjoy most of the offerings that buffalo trace offers when I can find them. Also really into Russell’s Reserve single barrels and Russell’s Reserve 13 lately.

jahaze

FNG
If forced to choose, my fall back is Woodford. I'm not a heavy rye drinker, but I have almost every bottle mentioned in my cabinet. I enjoy buying, tasting, then moving on to something else. Recently picked up a bottle of Blantons barrel strength (133 proof), and usually buy any single barrel (100 proof or higher) that I can find.

Our "house" bourbon is Larceny.

One tip I can share is don't let your wife drink it. I got mine to switch from wine to bourbon a few years ago, now she drinks more than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldbuff

FNG
Back then, I consumed it all. The majority of Buffalo Trace's offerings, when I can obtain them, are enjoyable.

Brendan

WKR
Slackers....

f35515a434d16feaa0274f7a1ddb88f6.jpg

56a003b8653f01cb4c789fa81e1dc66f.jpg

It’s hard to sell, “I’m not picky”, with mostly unopened bottles in the pic. 😂 I like the barrel.
Hey hey hey now, that was the first day I got that thing gone and wanted a good lineup lol.

I don’t like to crack a bottle open unless I have a backup.

Also, Penelope Architect is my #1 right now. Highly recommend

Drenalin

WKR
Someone gifted me a bottle of 122 proof Heaven’s Door “Homesick Blues.” It’s pretty darn good.

I’m normally a Knob Creek or Buffalo Trace guy.

geterdone

FNG
Eagle rare is my favorite, bulleit rye, Buffalo trace, wheller green label and Woodford rye are all close seconds.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk