Bourbon

OP
SCHUNTER73

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
The bourbon has gone stupid crazy in the last 6-8 yrs. I could semi retire if I could get back all the bottles I gave away or sold for a little more than I bought them for. It’s still fun to see what you can find in the smaller, out of the way liquor stores.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
I almost literally have everything or have had. Although bourbon really isnt my jam.

I am on the kill a bottle buy a different bottle plan.
HOWEVER
Eagle rare 10, EH, Elijah Craig 18, Widow Jane the Vaults, angels envy and woodford master collection will always have a place on my bar and I will chase them when they are in stock.

Worth noting that EH Taylor is the straigh rye.

Then you get into my ryes or tequila which are where my heart is and the shitgoes crazy.
Yes the whistle pig has a Boss hog X stopper on it. I killed the bottle but kept the stopper.

View attachment 649496
View attachment 649490
I see a Rockslide Rally Point!! Address?

OP
SCHUNTER73

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I just tried some of the Yellowstone I picked up at Costco. Not bad with some ice.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Jack Daniels has really impressed over the last few years. Their bonded series is amazing for the price. What really impressed me most is their barrel proof rye.

Sbird2019

FNG
Who’s a bourbon drinker and what is your go to

Who’s a bourbon drinker and what is your go to label?
For more quintessential bourbon or rye, but still some uniqueness in the palette, in my opinion, it’s hard to go wrong with anything from High West

I tend to like higher proof (“hotter”) or very full bodied bourbons

Some of my favorites that are reasonably priced are:
Elijah Craig Barrel proof
Noble Oak Double Oak
Uncle Nearest 1856
Ezra Brooks Cask Strength

For my “grail” bourbon, by far and away my favorite has been Garrison Brothers Cowboy Bourbon

For a daily sipper, I always have Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey 101. Russell's Reserve is another great one, but don't tell to many people!

thayerp81

FNG
go to's are buffalo trace and eagle rare when I can find it. Makers and Bulleit Rye for everyday and available, I also like to try to keep a bottle of Noah's Mill and Henry McKenna BIB around if I can find them.

I found a bottle of Early Times the other day and it was quite good for $21. I'd definitely buy another if I see it. And sad to see mellow corn got it's price jacked from $13 to $20!

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 674212
Been sober and off it for over 2 years. Hands down the best thing I’ve done in my life was give it up. I think one year I spent like 25-30k on bourbon alone, it was bad. From years of being a functional drunk I can honestly say I don’t miss it one bit, and can’t believe I spent the money I did on it.
It can definitely be expensive and can become overwhelming. Have you replaced bourbon with something else? Something more difficult to obtain than Pappy like a sheep hunt?

View attachment 674212
Been sober and off it for over 2 years. Hands down the best thing I’ve done in my life was give it up. I think one year I spent like 25-30k on bourbon alone, it was bad. From years of being a functional drunk I can honestly say I don’t miss it one bit, and can’t believe I spent the money I did on it.

Good for you! It's important to realize when you need to step back from any addiction.

highcj5

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 674212
Good collection right there.

Can’t get anything decent in Florida anymore but when I go to my hometown in Georgia I can usually score something. Picked this up today. I don’t like the gullet burners IMG_2887.jpeg

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
A buddy of mine bought me a bottle kf Blade and Bow for my birthday, and it is a very smooth easy drinking bourbon.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
It can definitely be expensive and can become overwhelming. Have you replaced bourbon with something else? Something more difficult to obtain than Pappy like a sheep hunt?
I was always into fitness being in the Marine Corps but I took it to heart and made it a lifestyle change. 4 am running and weights, shoot the longbow and compounds daily, and really focus on my kids. Have a 2.5 yr old and 8 month old little girls.

Had my best season last year, no hang overs, plenty of time scouting and hunting and being outdoors. Put in for Wyoming and New Mexico for elk this year. Hunted whitetails my entire life on the east coast and started chasing Mullies out west a few years ago and I’m hooked.

I have a small farm in sc and paid cash for my kubota from the money I saved from not buying bourbon, so it’s all been a win.

wytx

WKR
For more quintessential bourbon or rye, but still some uniqueness in the palette, in my opinion, it’s hard to go wrong with anything from High West

I tend to like higher proof (“hotter”) or very full bodied bourbons

Some of my favorites that are reasonably priced are:
Elijah Craig Barrel proof
Noble Oak Double Oak
Uncle Nearest 1856
Ezra Brooks Cask Strength

For my “grail” bourbon, by far and away my favorite has been Garrison Brothers Cowboy Bourbon
Waiting for the right time to open this, gift from our son.

DSCN4999 copy 2.jpg