Bow and Arrow Performance.

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
Hi everyone. Just curious of how my set up is doing. Shooting a Mathews HTR No Cam. A 30” draw at 71lbs. 30.5” ICS 300 shaft that weighs 465gr with the point. Going across the chrono at 268fps with the occasional 269fps. The bow shoots well and is more constant in shot to shot velocity, grouping and repeatability than any bow I have owned. However I am not a huge fan of the very very narrow letoff valley and I am considering selling it. I am on the fence. This is a rig I plan to hunt elk with.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

dkime

WKR
I would venture to say you will be just fine with those numbers. Put the arrow where it's suppose to go, the HTR was never a barn burner.

OP
V

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
I would venture to say you will be just fine with those numbers. Put the arrow where it's suppose to go, the HTR was never a barn burner.

I’m just curious what the performance is verse the trade off in not being exhilarated with the draw cycle. I can certainly shoot it well and it’s not a deal killer but a buddy is selling his Halon 6 that’s minty.

TravisIN

WKR
Hi everyone. Just curious of how my set up is doing. Shooting a Mathews HTR No Cam. A 30” draw at 71lbs. 30.5” ICS 300 shaft that weighs 465gr with the point. Going across the chrono at 268fps with the occasional 269fps. The bow shoots well and is more constant in shot to shot velocity, grouping and repeatability than any bow I have owned. However I am not a huge fan of the very very narrow letoff valley and I am considering selling it. I am on the fence. This is a rig I plan to hunt elk with.

Thoughts?

This is all a personal choice. No doubt you can easily kill about anything with that setup. But if you aren’t comfortable with the bow itself that pretty much says everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t chase the dragon bro. Lots of great bows out there, but I wouldn’t try to fix what isn’t broken. That set up will kill anything in North America.

On the other hand, if you’re like me and buy something new all the time to tinker with, do yourself a favor and keep that no cam as a back up until you are sure you are happier with something else.

Btaylor

WKR
The only thing in your post that would make me trade is the valley comment. If I was not comfortable with that, I would consider trading. Too many great shooting bows today to live with something you dont really like.

MT257

WKR
If your not comfortable with the let off part, go shoot some other bows at shops. It cost nothing if you find something you like better and feel more comfortable with pull the trigger nothing worse than not being comfortable with the equipment in the field.

OP
V

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I bought my buddies Halon 6. I like the feel better. I am waiting on the DL mods and then I’ll get it set up. Probably put new string and cables on it.

Gonna hold on to the HTR for now. It really is a nice bow and maybe it will be my back up.