Bow Case Recommendations?

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have probably worn out half a dozen hard cases with way over 100,000 air miles traveled with my bow, probably over 200K. Overall, my SKB's have held up really well and when they finally failed, my bow(s) still got home safe. I sent an email to SKB with photos (broken hinge, latches, plastic pulling out of the aluminum rim etc...) and SKB replaced the case or sent parts promptly - they also will insure the contents though I don't remember details on that program. They're cheaper and lighter than the super tough, nice, expensive aluminum cases, but probably not as tough. I would definitely recommend SKB, but I would stick with the higher end models. I've had to buy a random bowcase here and there to get a bow home and some of the cheapos didn't make it through a single flight. Pelican type cases are nice for wet weather trips - I had to burn frozen bowcase foam on a November Kodiak Island trip one time because my case was not weather tight. Packed clothing around my bow for the ride home - junked that case when I got there. Cabela's sells a pelican type case - may be a rifle case actually. Not quite pelican quality, but pretty good case for under $200. Latches are a little funky, and ends don't seal perfect. Used on my last AK trip while waiting for SKB replacement (I forgot it was needing warranty until it was too late). Case worked well and stayed dry in spite of plenty of rain exposure. Also would recommend a rectangular shaped case with wheels. Makes it soooo much nicer to roll through the airport. Get a double bow model and fill the extra space with clothing and gear so you don't need the extra bag. If you want to baja your case on a wheeler in the swamps - get a pelican or aluminum case. I ride some gnarly pack trails on my dirt bike, but I put my bow on my backpack for that.

Coop