Bow wax

rclouse79

WKR
I have been using the same old bow wax I first bought 20 years ago. I burned through my last string and cables faster than I ever have before. Have there been any amazing advances in string wax technology over the past couple decades? Any pointers you have found to improve string longevity? Part of me hates rechecking the tune on my bow after I have it perfect more than buying the strings.

When I waxed a couple years back, I used String Snot. Ive since changed to having Wicked Twisted Bowstrings build me custom sets from Bloodline Fibers. They make a coated, waxless fiber. Good stuff!

Feel free to use my 10% off discount code “DC” at checkout.
https://www.wickedtwistedbowstrings.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTone

WKR
I’ve been waxing my strings less and less over the past 20 years. Listening to podcasts with some pros they have interesting views on not waxing at all

big44a4

WKR
I’ve been waxing my strings less and less over the past 20 years. Listening to podcasts with some pros they have interesting views on not waxing at all

Strings I don’t wax have lasted the longest. Target bow strings used for 3D lasts more shots than anyone here who hunts. Also depends how rough you are on them, but I’m a believer in not waxing them.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
Interesting. Something else to consider.

Adipose

FNG
I use more wax on my screws, field tips and broadheads to keep them from unscrewing than I do on my string. I use Bohning Tex Tite.

Trial153

WKR
I am lucky if I wax a set twice a year if that. A little tin of scorpion venom will last me 10 years…

Rob5589

WKR
I was using String Snot regularly but stopped after wiping down my bow after a super dusty ride in the back of my Jeep and the string was layered in dust. Figured that couldn't be good for anything. I'm not convinced the modern fibers that are used benefit from constant waxing.

mcamakua

FNG
You guys that do wax you stings, what is you wax routine? Just whenever it looks to need or shot count?

I toss wax on intermittently.

Never a massive amount, just enough to put a little on the strings. Does it change anything? Who knows. It makes sense that it would make the fibers last longer due to them rubbing together during the shot, but I can also see the negative side where dust and dirt could be attracted to it which is why I stick to barely there amounts. If I can feel it on the string there’s too much.

I was using String Snot regularly but stopped after wiping down my bow after a super dusty ride in the back of my Jeep and the string was layered in dust. Figured that couldn't be good for anything. I'm not convinced the modern fibers that are used benefit from constant waxing.

I agree, especially Bloodline Fibers. They‘EE manufactured with a coating that renders them waxless.

The amount you shoot and the environment your strings are exposed to have somthuto do with in my opinion. It’s hard for me to imagine that a dusty environment can be good for waxed strings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk