BRCC In Hot Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony

WKR
Way to cheap to buy the BRCC, every once in a while we have had people drop it off at the station and it’s good, but not 15 bucks a bag good
No shit
Can't even think for a second to spend that much money on coffee, any coffee.
Most of it tastes just like the wal mart pods I buy for work

SWOHTR

WKR
Really wish I could say I cared more but I can’t. Really I’m just tired of the victim mentality. That and there’s two sides to every story. I’ll still drink it, am a fan.

t_carlson

WKR
How long ago was this filed? I may have missed it, but I didn't see a date, and the lawyer who is shown at the top no longer works for the same plaintiff firm. Lots of questions, but I've learned that one shouldn't believe everything in a complaint. At least wait for the answer.

Even an Answer is pretty worthless for trying to decipher what happened.

Ah, the triumphant rise and epic fall of an American business!

Let's play the fun game of who posted/posts on this current thread and: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/black-rifle-coffee-company.148704/ with the same opinion....

Besides this harrassment lawsuit, sounds like BRCC has been named in other lawsuits before.

Lawsuits are a part of doing business.

Something seems off here. Even if it was filed in Sept of 2022 (I don't see any evidence of that, apart from the top of the laWow.org website), lots of time has passed since the events alleged in the complaint - which also says all harassment claims are being pursued via the EEOC, and I'm pretty sure that process doesn't take 5+ years. And it seems that this "news" has just been made public in the last few days - all at once.

Not sure if or to the extent this is true, but I found this article - https://coffeeordie.com/uvalde-school-shooting-solutions. The article says (among other things of interest) that the lawsuit was settled in 2019. The quotes thereafter seem a bit contrary to the complaint. Yes, the article discloses that the periodical/website is owned by BRCC.

The administrative process, which is mandatory before filing suit, can take years.

Also, the losing party is usually the one who files in court, unless the gripe is that the award was too low.

I’ve been through the process more than a few times. As a general rule, the most outlandish allegations are often the most inflated.

All they said about Rittenhouse was they had no official connection.
Which was the truth.
Ohh the horror and betrayal of telling the truth.
Un a follow up interview Evan said it appeared he acted in self defense but did not want to comment further because he wasn't there and didn't have the facts.
Ohh the horror, not wanting to make crap up when you don't have all the info.

Clarktar

WKR
You can buy green coffee beans for a few dollars a lb and burn them in a cast iron. Economical and doesn't take but 10-15 mins.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

idcuda

WKR
Seems like old news that's resurfacing for some reason. There's more at the end of this article, but here's a clip:

Disclosure: Brandon Roper is a former employee of Black Rifle Coffee Company, the parent company of Coffee or Die Magazine. On Aug. 7, 2018, Roper filed a lawsuit in 3rd District Court of Salt Lake County against Evan Hafer, a Black Rifle Coffee founder, and the company stemming from his concerns about workplace language used in the early days of the firm.

All parties reached a private settlement, and on Jan. 7, 2019, the case was dismissed with prejudice, ending the dispute.

jlw0142

Lil-Rokslider
Goodness gracious, this is a bizarre read. I sure hope this isn’t true because I have spent too much money at BRCC to support a circus like that.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like old news that's resurfacing for some reason. There's more at the end of this article

**SUMMARY**

All parties reached a private settlement, and on Jan. 7, 2019, the case was dismissed with prejudice, ending the dispute.[/I]

It's a done deal, so everyone moved on just like we will have to find a way to do here.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.